Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SL with the FM-AM-SAT Radio with CD player.

The manual indicates I should see CD title and track information. When I play a CD, the read out looks like this:

Disc: No Disc Title
Track: No Track Title

If I play the same CD on a PC, I can see the Disc/Track information.

Does anyone know why I'm not getting the text?

Thanks.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
All model years have had this capability, its just that its extremely rare for music publishers to populate the so-called "CD Text" fields. The PC is different, because most (if not all) PC-based CD players will use the unique CD identifier (that all commercially published music CDs have burned in) to go out on the Internet and perform a lookup against publicly accessible databases and grab all the information you're used to seeing. CDDB.org was free and the most popular for many years. But when its owners decided to limit access to paying customers only, the community got together and created another free one with a license that will prevent it from ever being restricted in the same way. The new free database is at freedb.org.

So, in short, your two systems are using two entirely different mechanisms to fetch and display that information. If you're really bored, you can rip and re-burn all of your music CDs and manually enter the information the music publishers never bothered to enter, provided your CD burning software supports "CD Text". Try playing CDs on your PC when not connected to the Internet. If you've never played that CD on the PC before, chances are you'll see the same lack of details you see in the car. After ripping about 350 CDs, only 1 had the CD text fields populated by the publisher.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are talking store-bought CD's then EasternPA is correct.

If you are burning MP3's to CD, then all you have to do is right-click the MP3 and select the Summary Tab. Then you can enter in the Title of the songs. Burn your audio CD and they will display on the LCD.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've found that many newer CD's have and will display the info. Most of my kids' CD's will display.

However, My "old time Rock n' Roll" collection has no info....

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you are buring your own music cd's (not MP3 CDs) you can also fill in the text info to have it show in your MO. Nero has the ability to fill in these fields.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts