Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2003 Murano. Everything was fine until now. Very recently, I have started to notice that the Audio CD's have started skipping or gets interrupted on a random basis. I was trying to generate a pattern or reproduce it but there isn't any. I tried cleaning the CD's and used a Aerosol duster as well. Seems like I get more skips usually in the mornings or at the beginning of the CD. Anyone else experienceing this? Please let me know if there are any known issues that I should be aware of.

BTW: Its a Bose 6 CD changer.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
its the cold.....

i noticed it last winter as well... also, are u using burnt cd's? i know it shouldnt matter but the dealer told me it could be the issue.

try a CD you might have bought and test it during the morning Run to work.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
100% its the CD skipping or interrupting and not left channels.

and I have tried the burnt and original CD's with same results. The dealer uses this excuse to get away but there should be some other logic behind it. This is my third winter on this car. Never skipped before on cold mornings.

I may use the hi-pressure air duster to see if it blows away any dust that may be sitting on the lens. ANy other ideas?

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
are u out of warranty ?

if not, get the dealer to replace the player for you.... it is MALFUNCTIONING....... so they are obliged to change the parts

·
Registered
132 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
are u out of warranty ?

if not, get the dealer to replace the player for you.... it is MALFUNCTIONING....... so they are obliged to change the parts
HELL YEAH!!!

If your warranty is still in effect have them fix, (or even better) replace the whole unit!

Maybe you'll get the 06 model that plays mp3 cds!!! (color screen might be to much to ask!!?)... but you never know... they might not have a new 03 unit... and don't take a pulled/refurbished!

And if they tell you its because of the cold, TELL them to show you it happening on a 06 model on the lot!

Do not take "sorry" as an answer, only except that the replacement unit has been ordered and will be in on "date".... if they can not fix it.

I'd bet they get a bonus if they never shell out on the warranties they sold.

And if the parts department blowing you off, go to the sales department (Saturday around noon is good, when they're packed full of people looking to buy) and talk to the salesmanager because they sold you the warranty, and ask for them to fix your problem, or refund your warranty! And if you want to get nasty, talk to him while he or she is with a client :D

My 95 Pathfinder had a transmittion problem, they could not find whats was wrong with it, I had THREE new trans installed in one year until the problem went away. (auto trans kept slipping/shifting gears when it wasn't ment to)

If there is a problem with something and they can not find it to fix it, have them REPLACE IT WITH NEW!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thnx for the feedback. I'm gonna give them my piece of mind.

·
Registered
132 Posts
parry said:
Thnx for the feedback. I'm gonna give them my piece of mind.
Give them Hell!!!

And do it soon, before it gets warm outside! (if it is the cold).

I always loved say things like "So how are you person's name you're talking to going to fix this problem without pawning me off to someone else?"

bringing sugar-filled nap-less childern with you and letting them lose is always good too (I have no kids, I always have to rent, its worth it).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The CD skipping never got fixed. During cold starts, it skips.. I guess I'll have to live with it for now. Once the inside temp is normal, it operates normally. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Parry-

Is it worth $150 (USD) to you to have it fixed?

There is a company in Weymouth, MASS that will repair the unit for a fixed price. Here's a link to their site: http://www.videoservicestop.com/index.htm

-njjoe

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
njjoe said:
Parry-

Is it worth $150 (USD) to you to have it fixed?

There is a company in Weymouth, MASS that will repair the unit for a fixed price. Here's a link to their site: http://www.videoservicestop.com/index.htm

-njjoe
It would have been well worth it if I was in the area. I wish there were more of them all over..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I'm having the same CD player skipping in my 03 Murano.
Was wondering if you got it fixed?

Anyone else get theirs fixed? or replaced?
What to do??

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
sammer003-

Welcome to the forum.

Did you read the entire thread? You have few choices. Replace the head-unit with another OEM unit for big bucks, or have a different head unit installed for even bigger bucks, or replace the unit with one from a salvage yard, or remove the existing unit and send it out for repair for $150.

-njjoe

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think you're better off just putting up with it if you live in a cold climate. I've only had this happen a couple times with my MO when it was -20 C. But it works fine once the cabin is warmed.

Before the MO I had an X-Trail. Different HU of course but same problem. Only warming the interior did not fix the skipping.

I don't think there is any guarantee that getting it repaired is a long-term solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts