Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SL and when you press eject it just clicks. I tore the radio out and I can see the plastic assembly that holds the CD from coming back out does not drop to allow the CD to eject. Is there a known way to fix this or do I need to replace the CD player section of the radio? I can't tell from how far I got into disassembly if there is a separate motor that runs the front gears or not.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
There is an outfit called Audio & Video Service Stop that will repair your radio for a flat fee. Several members have sent their radios there and I do not recall reading any negative feedback. They are worth looking into.

-njjoe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had that same problem once, played around with it a bit (power on/off, radio on, cd on, eject... ) and finally had a tiny part of it sticking out enough for me to grab on and pull out.
Good luck:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem in my 03 Murano with base single disk cd player. Cd was stuck and when pushing the eject button all you hear is a clicking sound. I was able to get the stuck cd out by doing the following:

1. Go to this link to remove the radio from the dashboard (although it looks like you are already past this step) -
Nissan Murano 03-06 Stereo Removal Instructions / Sound Repair

Once removed and you complete step 2, the radio will look like the attached picture.

2. Remove the faceplate. It is held on by 4 screws in the corners. The attached picture shows the location of one of the screws. You may not need to remove the faceplate but I did in order to have a better view of the unit.

3. Remove the passenger side mounting bracket. See attached picture. It is held on by 5 screws. In the picture, I have removed 4 and the 5th is holding the bracket in place. If you are nimble enough, you may be able to get by without removing the bracket. However, it is simple to do and gives you a good view of the unit.

4. Using a flashlight, look down into the top of the cd player. Then push the eject button on the faceplate. You will notice white plastic parts trying to move and eject the cd.

5. Take a small screwdriver and insert it into the top of the unit as shown in the attached picture. Then hit the eject button again. While the plastic parts are trying to eject the cd, gently move the screwdriver in a front to back motion on the front plastic parts. You are basically assisting the plastic parts in their effort to eject the cd. This is hard to explain but on the first try the cd ejected and now the unit seems to work ok.

I don't know if this will work on your cd player but it worked on mine. I hope this helps you or someone else experiencing this problem.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts