Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, picking up my MO tomorrow (can't wait, super black w/ charcoal leather SL with touring package) and I've been reading up, downloaded the owner's manual pdf from here, and I had a question about the CD Text display. In order for the display to show the artist and song titles and all the other info I'm assuming that shows, do you have to input it yourself? I've had a JVC head unit in the past that would save any info you typed in for a particular track on a particular CD, but you had to scroll through the alphabet for each letter, big pain in the butt. I was also thinking maybe it was referring to ID3 tags on music burned to CD-R or something, but the manual says CD-R's and all the other types of home made CD's don't work, so that can't be it. Just curious how it works. (BTW, anybody have any input as to how CD-R's and CD-RW's work in the Bose head unit changer? Not that I don't believe every single word in the owner's manual........) Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
CD titles and other info do not show up in my screen and I have not been able to figure it out yet. But I can play CD-Rs with no problem.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Hey there! Congrats on the new purchase. You are going to love it. Disregard the manual. 3 of the 6 CDs in my car are burned and all work perfectly. Also, I used Nero to burn them and Nero has the feature built in that you are looking for. It adds the tags to the tracks that the Murano utilizes to display the track title and CD title.

You cannot manually enter them in from the console in the car. Instead you have to do it like I mentioned above and use some CD burning software that is capable of doing this. I used Windows Media Player 9 to burn my CDs before Nero and it didn't do this, or at least I didn't know how to get it to do that.

You will also find that some store bought CDs come with this capability 'built in', however, don't get excited, it doesn't seem like a very big deal to the record industry and I don't find a new CD come with it very often.

And to turn this setting on, you have to push the far right knob several times until you see Track number (I believe) and then you can turn the knob left or right to select CD Title or Track Title.

Enjoy your car. :2:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input, folks, I appreciate it.

Snow, does Nero have a freeware version that you can burn with? I think I've gotten it in the past, maybe when I bought the burner, but I never used it and I'll be damned if I know where the disc is. For burning I've just been using WMP9 and XP's inherent burning capabilities and knowing Microsoft, I'm sure XP won't embed tags, either. I've also got iTunes and Musicmatch, but I haven't done any burning with them, don't know if I can (free versions of both), and if I could whether they'd embed tags or not...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Todd,
As far as I know, Nero is not freeware, but I vaguely remember someone saying that MusicMatch does the same thing so if you feel comfortable using that program you may want to look into trying that.

·
4,664 Posts
Bush?

·
4,664 Posts
Cool, yeah I love that tune....:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
are you guys talking about CD-TEXT here? because i've burned audio discs with cd-text before and i've never seen a cd player that displayed it. Plus no commerically available disc i've ever seen came with cd-text on it. It would seem like a waste of effort on nissan's part. Am I going to copy all of my cds one by one to add the album/track info? of course not. even if there was some way to script it (which there likely is) and considering that cdr discs are dirt cheap now, that's still going to take forever to swap in and out a few hundred discs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We are talking about CD-TEXT here. It is actually a pretty standard feature on home CD players made within the last 5 years to be able to display it. And as stated above, there are not a whole lot of commerical discs that have it, but I do have quite a few in my collection. I think the 1st one that I found it on was the original Men in Black Soundtrack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts