Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten cd text from a burned cd to show up on the screen?

I am using nero to make my cd's and I've added all of the Artist/Track title information but it doesnt show up.

Nero says that my burner supports cd text.

Does the type of CD used have anything to do with it?

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx,

It turned out to be the software I was using (Nero 5.x.x.x) I downloaded the shareware version Feurio and now the text shows up. The only thing is that it doesnt scroll all of the information.

It only shows what can fit so the song title usually doesnt show everything, unless i manually turn the audio knob.

Anyone know if theres a way to scroll the song information if all of the text doesnt fit on the screen at one time?

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
On my commercial CDs the title is truncated and does not scroll.

I thought I heard that Nero V6 can burn CDs that show the text in the MO.

·
4,664 Posts
When I first got the Murano, a year ago (Wow!) I burned a CD that had track 8 labelled "Brake Failure".

Did my wife ever freak when the display came up with that!!!

My arm hurt from her punching it so hard.... But I didn't care I was laughing!

If you really want to have fun with someone, burn a sequence of short silent tracks with different titles. You can make it look like the MO is trying to communicate with you with text....

HELP!

I'M STUCK

IN HERE!

GET ME OUT!

or whatever....

Hmmm... Record a synthesized voice on those tracks as well, could be interesting... (where do I come up with this stuff...?)

Or maybe better, the sound of someone banging on the dashboard for that truly "trapped" sound...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted before that the latest free version of real player will show CD text on the Murano. Before you burn, if you are doing a mix CD you can type in your own title. I usually just use the artist name for that. So when I search for the title on screen I get the name of the artist.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I recently discovered a problem where after I installed RA on my PC my iTunes quit burning CDs. So unfortunately, that route is a no go for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use Musicmatch (8.2?) and upgraded it to their Plus version. Song titles and album names work just fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've seen this issue posted before but have never really seen a reponse to explain or fix it. Using all store-bought original CDs, if I have one CD in it shows the text for the CD and Song Title but if I fully load it with six CDs all you get is CD and Track Number (for example :"2-12") and no text.

Any ideas on how to get the Text?

Thanks,
jimmymac

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jimmy

Make sure that you have your cd player set on either song title or disk title display using the right hand knob. The default is disk number, see if that works. Turn the knob past the sound controls and you will get the options for cd text tdisplays. Then,every cd will display whatever text you select as default and you have to push in the knob to see the other.

Have fun!
David

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't get any text on commercial CD's no matter what I do.
I've tried using the right hand control knob to pick display text, but it doesn't matter whether it's 1 cd or 6, the display says no text.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
424 Posts
There aren't a whole bunch of commercial CD's out there that have the text info on them. None of the ones I own display it. I just make copies and add the text myself.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cryogenix said:
Only commerical CD I've come across that displays text info is Iron Maiden's last release, Dance of Death.
Or, for those of us with slightly gentler tastes in music, Harry Connick, Jr.'s latest CD has CD text info. :)

Jeff

·
Registered
758 Posts
CD Text

I dont get text on Commercial CD's as well but I think it's because the manufacturer is not encoding them with the text. On the CD's that I have burned (If I wasn't too lazy to skip the text editing). The text comes up just fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Question, please advise me as to how you were able to place the song info etc on a cd using Music match?
Tnx

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
The version of MucicMatch that I have dosent do it... You can download Nero, It allows you to do everything. Run a search and find the latest version.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts