Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before anyone jumps all over me for putting this to paper, if you think I got ripped off keep your comments to yourself please.

As I browse other threads I see there was a discussion on pricing of Muranos and that you can't get even an SL for less then 40 K. I just wanted to let everyone know that I bought a 2004 SL with sunroof (really the only option except leather) for less then $38K (MSRP 40, 700)thanks to a website quote.

When I went it to the dealerships they all pointed at the MSRP and said that is the price - so I went to the internet and got this quote from a place in Ontario. Then I approached another dealer and asked them if they would match a price and they said sure. So in I went with the quote and guess what - matched and a done deal that night.

So for all the Canadians looking to bargain with your neighbourhood dealership - check out www.ewheels.ca and get a quote. You do have to register but there is no obligation what so ever.

Happy shopping.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Nice work!

I'm surprised they're still sticking to MSRP though. I thought that would have been over with now that the vehicle is approaching 1.5 years old. I paid slightly ($400) less than MSRP and got a few items thrown in, but that was when the vehicle was only 4 months old.

And when you compare the features and convert the currency to US funds, Canadians do actually get a better deal. The price of gas here makes up for it though. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe down east

Hi Tyler,

Not out here, they are still sticking to having low quantities on hand and everyone still wanting them. even at what I paid I know they still are making a good penny or else they would not have agreed so quickly to the price. It would however be nice to have access to the invoice prices for free as they do in the US - might help us bargain a bit better.

But in the end I got what I wanted and am happy happy. My golden however is perturbed at the less room then the Pathfinder had. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I paid MSRP for mine but I really didn't care since I believe I got more for my trade in than I otherwise might have. In the end I paid less than I expected.

There were no Pewter SE's in Edmonton so mine came from Calgary. It was so cold the transport trucks would not start so I ended up waiting an extra week for delivery.

My golden won't go in the back. So far he sits in the back seat and leaves mud everywhere since the only door he'll go out is in the front.:mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi All,

i've bought (ordered) my MO in the last week of Feb.
i used www.carcostcanada.com to learn the dealer's cost. carcostcanada has an agreement with many local dealers for MO 1400$ over their cost. well i went to one and he didn't want to tell me for how much he can beat my quote (from carcostcanada) :confused:. phoned another, and agreed to 1200$ over + 200$ discount on accessories (worth 1100$).
i took it. now i'm waiting impatiently for her to arrive. apparently my choice of color and options [pewter SE AWD + nav] is hard to get. so i've been told - mid/end april. my dealer said there is only ONE!! such car manufuctered for canada in march. well, i'm not in the harry, so let it be.
here is what i paid (including 15% GST,PST taxes):
total: $56,103
SE AWD, Nav, Cross Bars, Ski attachement, cargo mat, bumper mat, hood deflector, sunroof deflector, winter wipers, winter mats.

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts