Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Mo has arrived on the boat and now is just waiting customs clearance and delivery to the dealer. I cant wait!

I noticed a few of you guys have your cell phone cradle mounted near the steering wheel and just under the air con vent. How did you mount it there with no holes? How is the metal brack fixed to the dash?

·
4,601 Posts
I made one. It allows the mount to screw into it, (I then filed down the screws flush on the back) and it bends into the slot between the radio and the dash. I took out the radio to mock it up with cardboard then cut it out of sheet steel, bent it, drilled holes and painted it.

This is the first one, but I'm actually on my third phone since this, using the same mount and different car kits. Motorola, Nokia, Motorola again.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I'll see if I can do that, although, there's little to see without taking things apart.

It appears to be screwed into the dash, yet isn't.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nissmo said:
Velcro works fine for non invasive mounting.
its not normally strong enough to hold a carkit cradle with the weight of the phone and your hand inserting the phone into the cradle every day though. Add the hot aussie sun to the equation and velcro just wont work unfortuntely for cradles.

·
4,601 Posts
I used velcro on my iPaq. Then summer came. Then I had a gooey mess on my dash as the adhesive on the back of the velcro turned into mush in the heat.

Great idea, but doesn't actually work well in the heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts