Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the Forum had the following problem?
I bought my MO in August. It was the managers Demo. After I bought the MO I waited and waited for the Title to be sent. After three months and 4 dealer plates, I have still not received the title. I can not get my plates until the title is registered. The dealer says they lost the Certificate of Origin and that they have petitioned Nissan for a copy, but alas I still have no title. Any recourse that you knowledgeable people may have or any suggestions?
Randy:3:

·
4,664 Posts
Ask them if you should contact your lawyer today or Friday?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm not sure why jaak is willing to let them go to Friday.

Juat a nice guy I guess.

The time for a nice guy has passed in this case.

Homer

·
Registered
466 Posts
It would be good to call the Better Business Bureau and take action through them. You could also call Nissan Consumer Affairs and tell them your situation--they may not even be aware of it.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it's a nice way of telling them they're in deep stuff if they don't get their behinds in gear immediately.

The "Nice" part is do I kick your A$$ today or Friday?

I expect they've pushed it out as low priority, as they already have your money. Time to turn it back into a high priority.

Oh and you can tell them that you'll be looking to recover legal costs if you have to get someone else to pursue it on your behalf. Hit 'em where it hurts, in the wallet.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I purchased my Murano in California, and the way they do business is that if you purchase the car with cash then the title is transferred electronically to the state DMV, which then mails it to you when you get your plates. So, it is the responsibility of the dealer to make those arrangements. If you are not satisfied with your dealer call the 800 number for nissan consumer affairs and file a formal complaint.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe you misunderstood your dealer. He probably said here is your demo! Just turn it back in and say thanks for letting me Demo this M-O. Tell him you would like a check back for $26,000 (whatever you paid).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Lawsuit!

Lawsuit!

Lawsuit!

Don't let another day go by. You deserve a title and REAL plates or your FULL money back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts