Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as i am 17 and need money for school and a car, i decided to get a summer job and what better to do then do the thing i love. AUTO DETAILING!!!. it's great stuff and so many hidden secrets that i would have never known. SO..... If anyone has any questions about detailing there cars you all know where to find me.:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That is a great thing to do, but when does summer start up there? It is almost over down here....:2:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha it's pretty much over over here also. i've been doing it for almost a month and i just remembered today that there is a detailing section here so yeah haha.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Do you also detail the engine compartment? and if so what kind of a solution do you use so the plastic and rubber pieces are not harmed?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we use 3M all perpous cleaner mixed 3 parts water 1 part 3m. just spray it on, let it sit and scrub were needed.after that we just rinse it all off. then we use this stuff called REFLECT made by Autoglym to dress the engine compartment. we just spray it on everywhere, let it soak into the plastic an rubber and wipe of the excess to give it a nice satin finish.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry zeb. the reflect isn't made by autglym but rather carbrite. autoglym makes awesome leather conditioner which makes the seats supper supple. autoglym is a company out of the UK(they are the only products used on the queens vehicles) but you can probably order the stuff off the internet. carbrite also makes awesome car washing liquid called cherry bomb. it's smells ohh so good and it's ultra slick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a great way to earn some extra money. I've been detailing as a side job for 10 years now. I mostly do mobile detailing as I have my own trailer set up. Pretty soon you'll be knowing all the tricks of the trade.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
We had a mobile detailer who used to drive to our parking lot at work with his van and trailer. He drove cars on the trailer to wash. The trailer had foldable steps on the sides to stand on and a huge pan that collected the water that ran off the washed cars. In his van, he had air, water tank, soap tank, water recycling equipment to recycle the spent water right back in, you name it. It was a complet carwash on wheels and after they were done, there was no trace of anything spilled! They would come once a week and usually had 20 cars to wash. Of course the owner just leaned back, smoked his cigaretts, and chanaged CD's in his CD player while his workers did all the work! Now that is a goooooooooooooood business!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
nissanlove said:
well as i am 17 and need money for school and a car, i decided to get a summer job and what better to do then do the thing i love. AUTO DETAILING!!!. it's great stuff and so many hidden secrets that i would have never known. SO..... If anyone has any questions about detailing there cars you all know where to find me.:D
You are 17 and you got a murano???
I can only imagine when you are 47, what will you drive :p
Great taste of vehicle! As long as you can afford it and dont forget to have a little bit of savings too~ :4:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha sugar it's not my murano. it's my parents murano. i take care of it and make sure my dad breaks it in properly hahaha. but i did show him the car in the first place

1 - 11 of 11 Posts