Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murano

The 2005 Nissan Murano crossover sport utility vehicle combines the uncompromising functional aspects of a true SUV with the ride comfort of a sport sedan in a highly refined, well-equipped package. To maintain Murano’s fresh look in 2005, Nissan adds three new exterior colors to its color palette, and consistent with Nissan’s standards of luxury and technology, the 2005 Murano offers optional Intelligent Key entry and ignition. Nissan also adds rollover sensors to the side curtain air bag in 2005 to enhance Murano’s already extensive passive safety system.

Enhancements to the 2005 Murano:
· New S model in both 2WD and AWD
· Standard side curtain air bag with rollover sensor
· Three new exterior colors: Merlot, Chardonnay and Platinum
· Added packages:
· S Convenience Package – Roof rails, cargo cover and net, adjustable pedals, front seatback pockets and 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar
· Technology Package – DVD-based navigation system and RearView monitor
· SE Leather Package – leather-appointed seats and 4-way power passenger seat
· SL and SE Touring Packages – adds Intelligent Key
· SL Leather Package – adds optional wood trim with Café Latte interior

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think wood trim will look awkward on a Murano. However I just hope the RearView monitor is compatible with 03 or 04 Muranos and available as an accessory.

·
Registered
741 Posts
The intelligent key will...

A) find your MO by itself in a parking lot.
B) keep the doors locked when you're drunk.
C) prevent your wife from getting away with your freshly washed MO.
D) beep very loudly when you clap your hands, having lost it.
E) do nothing intelligent enough to bear this name.

·
Registered
263 Posts
all of the above...and

It will speak to the judge for you to justify why you are going over the speed limit on the high way.

Nizmo

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bruno said:
What is an 'intelligent key'?
INTELLIGENT KEY:

Infiniti's Words:
It looks like a standard remote. The Intelligent Key converses with the locking system as you approach so that when you touch the handle button, the vehicle is unlocked. Touch the button twice and all doors are unlocked. The Intelligent Key also allows you to start the engine electronically without ever taking the key from your pocket.

My Words:
Walk up to the car, grab the handle, the door un-locks, squeeze twice, all doors un-lock. Get in and start the engine with the key always in your pocket....

As long as you have the key on your person, you won't need to retrieve it from your pocket for anything. You will have full access. The Murano will sense that you are nearby...

·
Registered
155 Posts
That must mean that the Murano has a starter button inside, or a switch to start and stop without a key?

·
4,601 Posts
It also means your wife can have someone drag your drunken sorry body into the vehicle, dump you in the back and not have to actually touch you to get the keys and drive home.

Then when you wake up in the middle of the night in the back of your Murano, in the garage, you'll wonder what happened.

Oh, Hi Officer, no I don't have the keys, that thing in the back does...

SHIFT_Innovation :p

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm with Bruno

I keep hearing that you can start the Murano without the key.

How?

Homer

·
Registered
741 Posts
Homer, I know a guy who does that trick too and he's got plenty of "intelligent" gizzmos... lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
Re: I'm with Bruno

hfelknor said:
I keep hearing that you can start the Murano without the key.

How?

Homer
I think they mean you'll be able to with tghe starter push button like on the FX with Intelligent key. I'm sure it'll be the same system (family sharing and all).

I wonder how a remote starter would be integerated into the system?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Intelligent Key has been around in Japan for few years now.
I have family member in Japan with fully loaded top of the line Lexus with Intelligent Key System. (goes by name Celsior or something and cost over 100K). You can programmed few family member to the car's computer by finger print. (open everything and start your car too).

I would like to see how MO's Intelligent Key operate...?
Never seen one so what...US gotta wait for it...?

Nizmo

·
Registered
103 Posts
[/QUOTE]
PHP:
· SL Leather Package – adds optional wood trim with Café Latte interior
Has anyone seen any pics or knows where wood trim would be?

·
Registered
763 Posts
The new MotorTrend, with the new Mustang :cool: tested at 5.1 sec 0-60 for just a GT, has the SE listed as FWD only? :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts