Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
A friend of mine who has a ‘17 BMW M5 says he’s going to Tesla and will stay electric for good. When my favorite gear head buddy said he was going electric, it sunk in that we’re all going electric.

I have a question. How is Tesla fit and finish, as in rattles and parts fitting together? Is there anything cheap or generic about it?
I test drove the Tesla Model X (the SUV) a few weeks ago....and I have to agree with your friend now. I always liked Tesla but I wasn't a hardcore fan or anything. Once I test drove it though, I realized how much better it really was. And yes, from what I saw it is inevitable that we will all go electric. Gas cars simply cannot even be compared.

The Tesla had INSTANT acceleration. Ridiculous acceleration. 2.9 seconds to 60mph - that used to only be possible with $2million supercars. Now almost everyone can obtain that kind of acceleration. And in a couple years the Tesla Roadster will come out with 0-60 in 1.9 seconds (which I cannot even fathom) for a fraction of the price of a Bugatti or other supercar. I think the Model 3 Performance version ( which you can get for 75K, which ends up being about 48K after tax savings) has 0-60 performance of 3.3 seconds. When I test drove the Model X, my intention was to be a very good driver and very safe because I had the Tesla co-pilot in the car with me and I didn't want them to feel in danger at all. The copilot told me, "Slam down the acceleration peddle just to see what it feels like". So I did for a split second...and when I looked down at the speedometer I was somehow going 110mph on the highway (which is way too fast and I slowed down as soon as I saw it, but just to get the point across that these have so much better performance).

I asked the representative about maintenance, etc, as well. You have to go in for regular maintenance like new wheels and what not, but I believe she said the vehicle is relatively maintenance free until you get to around 15,000 miles and then you're good for another 15,000 miles. Another neat thing about Tesla (and again, go on a test drive to feel this) is that the way the car works you don't actually use the brake peddle very often which means you aren't wearing out your brakes. If you're not hitting the gas peddle, the car just naturally starts slowing down as if you were using the brake (but you are not). You can literally drive the vehicle without ever using the brake (which means you aren't wearing out the brakes and won't have to pay much for maintenance of them). And also, the "slow down" feel that happens when you are not hitting the gas - the vehicle is actually using that energy and putting it back into your battery....

On another note, the gas savings do add up. There's some videos out there on this, and on average it appears as though for every 10,000 miles you only spend $200 on electricity costs.

To answer your questions about the fit and finishes - the higher up models like the X and the S are more expensive so they are quite nice inside. The Model 3 is the "cheaper" version but it still looks very nice inside. The only thing I don't like about the Model 3 is that there is only one center screen and that is where your speedometer is (there is nothing behind the steering wheel like in a normal car) but I imagine one could get used to that.

Seriously though - go on a test drive and you'll never want to go back. I still love my Murano but as soon as I can afford one, I am going for a Tesla eventually.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've had my Tesla Model 3 for six months now. Amazing car. $30 of electricity a month with basically no maintenance. Performance out the wazoo.

When the Model Y comes out, my Murano will be sold pronto. I'm never going to buy another car with an internal combustion engine ever again.
Congratulations on the Model 3! I bet it feels good to be a red lights and leave all the other vehicles (even the fancy ones) in the dust when you take off. Lol Whenever I finally am able to get a Tesla (I will probably wait for the Model Y too) that's what I'm going to do throughout the city. And it's going to feel amazing :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Model 3 is really nice. The only thing generic about it are the seats I'd say. No vented seats, oh well. The interior is gorgeous. The acceleration, auto pilot on navigation, the tablet in the middle... all amazing. I look at other infotainment systems and they seem so arcane now. Feels like I downgrade from an ipad to a 90s tube monitor hooked up to a 90s desktop every time I drive other cars. I drove a loaner Model S 75D from the dealer for a few days... and the acceleration on that... mind blowing. The interior is kinda outdated/generic looking on the S though. I brought it home and asked my roommate if he wanted to take it out for a spin. The awd and the instant acceleration... we ended up joyriding it for 15 mins on the freeway and he was laughing hysterically the whole time. It is unreal.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like the changes they made, on the headlight and tail lights. I always hated the tail light of the murano, but I love the fact that now it is smoked, makes it more appealing. The fog led are kind of weird looking though, they are almost vertical.
They did not make any changes to the radio, which is good, which means it will be easy to replace it, unlike they did on the altima.
But not enough changes for me upgrade, will wait a while, maybe 2020.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the changes they made, on the headlight and tail lights. I always hated the tail light of the murano, but I love the fact that now it is smoked, makes it more appealing. The fog led are kind of weird looking though, they are almost vertical.
They did not make any changes to the radio, which is good, which means it will be easy to replace it, unlike they did on the altima.
But not enough changes for me upgrade, will wait a while, maybe 2020.
Good point. I'm trying to figure out why they smoked the headlights on the 2018 model, but not the taillights...kinda weird. Actually, I thought the 2018 "refresh" would've been it, and then they skip a model year 2019, and then redesign it in 2020. I just bought mine a month ago and while I still love it, I just thought to myself like "damn, those new LEDs look kinda good." But I know they aren't gonna budge on those prices even in the least bit.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I dig the subtle exterior refresh; the new LEDs, the refreshed front bumper. I also like that you can get the quilted leather (assuming only in Platinum model).

I *do not* like the fact that Nissan is still using the ancient style steering wheel and the center stack, both of which IMO are in dire need of updating. Throw in the Altima wheel/stack. They're relatively modern and nice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dig the subtle exterior refresh; the new LEDs, the refreshed front bumper. I also like that you can get the quilted leather (assuming only in Platinum model).

I *do not* like the fact that Nissan is still using the ancient style steering wheel and the center stack, both of which IMO are in dire need of updating. Throw in the Altima wheel/stack. They're relatively modern and nice.
I dig the center stack, only because that pop-up infotainment screen is kinda dated. Infiniti did that way back in the day, and even then it was goofy looking.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This particular dealership, Brown's Nissan, actually has the lowest prices in town. I've gotten both my cars there for dirt cheap. The price they list, includes all rebates. They'll add an extra thousand or so for tags/titles/taxes. I know the General Manager as he was the Finance Manager a couple of years ago, so I got a great hookup.
So when I was on the market, I visited another dealership since they had a lower sticker price than the Brown's. They basically pulled an okie doke on me, and lured me in with their low sticker price as they denied me a couple of rebates and quoted me an exorbitant monthly amount and was not willing to budge. So I left, contacted Brown's, they gave me $4500 in rebates, and my monthly is insanely less than what the dealership near me offered. With taxes and titles, I walked out at $31K. Only bad thing is, that dealership is about an hour away from me, so needless to say, I try to avoid any visits to the dealership. But all in all, if I shop Nissan again, I'm not going anywhere else but there. You'll feel like you stole it.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts