Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing out the driver's side visor and a locking mechanism for the middle console.

Or attempting to at least.

Any suggestions welcome I am going to do center console first. Then the visor, do I pull off at the flap square thing? The locking piece seems simple with 3 screws out swap and 3 screws in. Pics attached. Next I'm going to do wash, wax color matching touch up paint and then seal the deal with graphite. Eh I enjoy tinkering around with ole' Blickems(her name) in the driveway it's soothing...

But the way my AWD button is sunken down, any one have a guide to take parts of the console out to reset the button?

So let's get it on....

Imhotep

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You don't have to open the console. The plastic panel the AWD switch is mounted on can be pried open and lifted up.
View attachment 54520 View attachment 54521
Sweet I will try that later this morning after my appointment and maybe try to do the visor again to make my mind busy. Thanks for the reply and looks like a easy fix

Imhotep

EDIT 1- looking at mine trying to figure out the best way to do this without damaging anything. I will be using a flat head screwdriver. I think the safest bet is going in through the right side to avoid that boarder. Picture attached of my situation. The bottom looks wide open but it is not there is a 4cm or so plastic boarder that is covering up the edge it looks like.

EDIT 2 - seeing that picture has USB ports is making me thinking this picture is of a 2nd or 3rd generation. Here is to hoping that 1st generation is similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I would use a plastic trim removal pry tool... They work great, with much less chance of marring the plastic then when using a metal tool...

Reactions: Imhotep

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, a plastic pry tool is better than a screwdriver. A dining knife wrapped with plastic sandwich bag material may also work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
EDIT 2 - seeing that picture has USB ports is making me thinking this picture is of a 2nd or 3rd generation. Here is to hoping that 1st generation is similar.
Mine is a 2005 1st generation model S which does not have seat warmer. I saw that there is a empty space to the right of the AWD switch and decided to add a USB outlet there for convenience. It's a 12v to USB converter/outlet I bought on Ebay. That's how I knew the panel could be pried open.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is a 2005 1st generation model S which does not have seat warmer. I saw that there is a empty space to the right of the AWD switch and decided to add a USB outlet there for convenience. It's a 12v to USB converter/outlet I bought on Ebay. That's how I knew the panel could be pried open.

Damn, nice! Had no time to work on the visor today and I will wait until I can get a plastic pry tool to fix the button. Would like to do visor this weekend...

Imhotep

1 - 7 of 7 Posts