Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual just says for the HID D2S bulb you have the "consult the Nissan dealer".

Is it a really complicated replacement or can it be done in a few minutes?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Changing the D2S bulb is simple and easy as H11. The trick is getting access to the bulb at the back of the headlight assembly. You can remove the bumper (long way) or pull back the wheel well plastic cover to get at the bulbs, much easier.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing the D2S bulb is simple and easy as H11. The trick is getting access to the bulb at the back of the headlight assembly. You can remove the bumper (long way) or pull back the wheel well plastic cover to get at the bulbs, much easier.
Actually its exactly like replacing the halogen headlight but added these steps.

Turn plastic cover to remove. Remove ballast from bulb (quarter turn), press in and lift the metal bracket, pull bulb. Reinstall in reverse.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think Infiniti/Nissan need to re-think some bulb replacement.
Last week I noticed a rear side marker on my G35 coupe was out and that sits inside the tail light.
I had to remove a piece of plastic trunk trim, removed a carpet clasp in the trunk, roll back the carpet and remove 3 bolts that hold the tail light assembly to the body and unplug the wire harness in-order to remove the tail light completely off the car. All that to change a 2 dollar marker bulb.
As I was doing the job, I said REALLY, all this for a freaking bulb?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think Infiniti/Nissan need to re-think some bulb replacement....
I can't agree with you more. But Infinity/Nissan is not the only one, sadly, most manufacturers are doing the same. eg. to change the low beam bulbs on my Mazda MX5, out goes the bumper. Or behind the wheel well if you have small hands. At least they make the bumper removal a 10 minutes job max.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jeez... I have to change my back-up bulbs as well, I was hoping I didn't need to do all that. Sadly seems like I must. :-(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Changing the HID bulbs is actually easy on the Murano. m4gician is correct in the steps, but I will add that you gain access to the light via a little rubber flap inside the engine bay on each fender. It has 2 little push pins holding the flap up on each side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The manual just says for the HID D2S bulb you have the "consult the Nissan dealer".

HI...been looking for some HID install directions and found your old post. Did you get your HIDs in ? Did you disconnect the battery ? Thanks !!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured it out. Its simple. Just unscrew the back plastic cap, and replace the bulb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI...been looking for some HID install directions and found your old post. Did you get your HIDs in ? Did you disconnect the battery ? Thanks !!
Hi...yes I got them in. Really not to bad at all. The driver side is pretty tight to get at but with a little patience it can be done. I did disconnect the negative side if the battery. I called the Nissan dealer techy and he said best to do it to be safe. The wire clips that hold the bulb in are a bit tricky too. But don't give up...!! The dealer wanted $200 to change the bulbs. It can be done at home in about and hour!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts