Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had written a post in the past about the down channel/CD selector working intermittantely in my MO. My down button works about 50% of the time. All other functions on the steering wheel work 100%. Before I was trying to see if the steering wheel position had anything to do with it.

However I just discovered this.... When the down selector is not working if I turn off the radio with the power switch on the radio and then back on problem is still there. If I turn off the radio and then back on with the switch on the steering wheel the problem goes away. This happens without turning the steering wheel. So I don't think its the down switch itself or a wiring connection issue.

Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions? My dealer has none! :confused:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Your dealer had best start replacing things, then. I would recommend replacing the steering wheel controls, as it IS the steering wheel 'seek down' button that is acting up, yes?

There might be a wire crossed somewhere, hackneyed as that may sound.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is right, the down selector. I'm still waiting to bring it in for the door harness to prevent me from getting locked out. I've been waiting for that part not for over 4 weeks. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Murano SL and the day I picked it up, the radio volume control on the steering wheel would go up but not down. My dealer thought that the switch was bad but when they got it off, they found that when the factory had plugged it in they had bent one the contacts flat . They just straightened it and plugged the switch back in and this fixed it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ctalbott,

I'll pass that along to my dealer, still doesn't make much sense given the power button relationship but who knows. Perhaps something is touching something it shouldn't be. If it wasn't for the aluminum trim I would look myself but I'm affraid of damaging the trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts