Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one having trouble with the channel selector/cd changer button on the steering wheel? I can move "up" channels but some times the down selection doesn't work.

Its working about 20% of the time.

I'll have to call the dealer and get it fixed.

·
4,664 Posts
First I've heard of it.... Get the dealer to fix it under warranty!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
TWICE NOW...........

i have had the channel selector buttons (both directions) go dormant....

i couldnt get them to work again (tried clicking em many times) only cure was to switch the radio mode, or to power-off

since its so rare, i have no faith in the dealer even understanding me...........

less-than dealer satisfied,

esemes

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny eager.... for the record I was driving in a straight line. I'll go to the dealer... this will be my thrid time since owner ship in August.... I'm getting worried about the quality in this auto.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Couldn't resist, but have to admit it was from experience!

Went for a ride in a mdx that was about 9 months old and never been off pavement. Made me appreciate the Murano the mdx felt much heavier and had plenty of rattles my window clicking which I haven't had fixed yet was minor by comparison.

don't loose faith

·
Registered
792 Posts
I managed to turn the volume up/down when backing out of the drive way. Luckily the volume doesn't go up that fast :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the dealership look at this... of course they couldn't duplicate it. When I left it started doing it so I immediately turned around. The service rep and mechanic went for a ride and thank goodness that it happened. Of course when they saw it they "didn't know what to do about it" As if they wanted to just leave it as is.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????

So the car goes back in about a week for the TSB for window harness and they tell me that they will research it.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems that my channel selector is fixed. Dealer said there was a TSB. Seems like I have new buttons. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
channel selector on steering wheel

I noticed that same problem frequently with less than 1000 miles. Forgive my ignorance, but what is TSB?

The problem is relatively minor but annoying and I wonder if the dealer is going to mess up somewhere or something else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: channel selector on steering wheel

hhuangpe said:
I noticed that same problem frequently with less than 1000 miles. Forgive my ignorance, but what is TSB?

The problem is relatively minor but annoying and I wonder if the dealer is going to mess up somewhere or something else.
TSB is a technical service bulletin. Basically, Nissan issues them periodically for things they find wrong, and it describes a problem and tells the dealer how to fix it.

-marius

1 - 11 of 11 Posts