Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does chat link ever work ?
I never used it, but decided to try now, and it doesn't work.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I have tried a couple of times also and always get an error, thought it was me. It would be great if it worked. With so many member, intrest, etc. We could really make it sing. I must admit I have never found such a great forum as this one. GRIP :D

·
The Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally agree with you.

ADMIN PLEASE FIX THE CHAT :29:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
We need the chat to work because...

It is getting real boring here in my office.
The frequency of replies/postings to this forum are gettting slower...

There are only around 10 or less new posts every hour i check today. When i first joined this forum (around 1 year ago), there were around 50+ msg every 1 hr... I think we start to take Murano for granted now. Just like my gf. :rolleyes:

Yes, i check the forum every hour...Call me crazy, but i sit in front of 3 computers the whole day at work.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Re: We need the chat to work because...

SugarRushMurano said:
It is getting real boring here in my office.
The frequency of replies/postings to this forum are gettting slower...

There are only around 10 or less new posts every hour i check today. When i first joined this forum (around 1 year ago), there were around 50+ msg every 1 hr... I think we start to take Murano for granted now. Just like my gf. :rolleyes:

Yes, i check the forum every hour...Call me crazy, but i sit in front of 3 computers the whole day at work.
Chat has never worked...and you're not crazy...I check that much too. I have 4 computers in my cube and frequent a server room of 300...NiMo.org helps make the day go faster.

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm... Never tried it... OK, let's see.... Yep, useless...

I'll PM the admin on this.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
While we are on the topic of things that are not working:
a lot of the pages still reference AcuraMDX.org
Donkey Kong never records a high score
and there is one more but I cant think of it right now.

I used to work overnights every other weekend so I became very familiar with the games section of the site.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
781 Posts
One of the things we do on the SyTy forums is have specific chat room on AIM.

What you do is add your name to your buddy list. Right click on your name - select "Send Chat Invitation". Make up a room - say "Murano Chat" - and presto - you have your own chat room.

The problem is - we have to decide what to call the room. Not sure if it is case sensitive or not. The nice thing is it isn't public - so essentially only .org memebers can get there - or anyone that reads the board.

I'll be in "Murano Chat" for the next 10 minutes...

:)

·
4,601 Posts
It won't even let me play the games!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
GMTURBO43

Can you explain that again, When you say add your own name t the buddy list I assume yo mean MY OWN name and the right click.

Next I tried to go to the location you mentioned but guess I am slow tonight and din't know how. Been fighting with Charles Schwab all day and I am tired. Thanks GRIP :D

·
4,601 Posts
Admin's looking into the chat function problem.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Grip - I slow it down a bit :)

Add "GripperDon" or whatever your AOL Instant Messenger (assuming a good portion of internet users use AIM) screen name is. After you add it - find your name on your buddy list. Right click on GripperDon - select send chat invite.

A screen will pop up and the name of the room will be something like CHAT2367038539....... - Highlight that and change the name to Murano Chat. It will then place you in a chat room - if there are others already in Murano Chat - you will join them. If you are the first - just hang out and see if others join.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hm, nobody is in here now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
sorry for bringing up an ancient thread but I like this idea and I thought maybe its time to revive it.

does this still work? anyone know? anyone want to try?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd give it a whirl.

I met some really cool people on the dodge intrepid forums through chat years ago. Much easier way to get to know people if by chance you would ever meet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts