Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through all of the threads that related to DTRLs. Although I am pretty capable and have done some electrical and performance mods in the past, I think that German and Hawaiian were easier languages to master than the "interpretations" and instructions on how to turn one of our good 'ol U.S.A Mo's into having DTRL..

I have solved everyone's problems (well atleast those who will come after me) and give the most SIMPLE way to give your non-canadian Mo the DTRL treatment.....

READY????

COVER THE LIGHT SENSORS ON THE DASH!!!!!

wow... 3 second soution... no wiring... no relays.... and the best thing is you don't have to worry about voiding anything, and you can undo it at anytime....

:1:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
raycie-

Easy, yes! :29: Cheap, no. :28:

Yes, that is a simple way for getting the lights (front and rear) to turn on in the daytime. But at what cost? Your bulbs (front and rear) will burn out faster. Nice try though. It definitely is easy, just not cheap.

-njjoe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea.. yea...yea... there's always a critic... hehehehehe... not actually going to do it.. just thought I would throw something silly to mix into the "seriousness" of it all...

Plus... I need to see if my maintainance agreement covers my bulbs.. if it does!! WHOOOO HOOOO...
The day is over... kids off for 2 weeks... guess I will obsess over what changes I can make to the MO while I sip a mai tai.. (kidding again... only tourist drink mai tais..)

·
5,244 Posts
njjoe,

it depends how do you define easy and cheap......in this case I am with you though..:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
raycie said:
COVER THE LIGHT SENSORS ON THE DASH!!!!!
This will work and actually it was suggested many "moons" ago but it is not OEM looking. OEM DTRLs are the fog lights, not the headlights...

Good try though....:D

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I've actually been considering this ever since I bought my MO. It seems that no matter what sensitivity I set it for, they never come on in the evening when I think they should. And with the really short timer to make them go on/off, it's constantly switching them on and off every time I go under a frickin' overpass (well, in city driving).

Actually, as far as burning out the bulbs faster, I doubt it. At least for me. Daily driving generally makes my lights switch on/off about 6 times per day. If I had the sensors covered, they would come on 3 times per day (each time I turn on the car). Doesn't that generally matter more for the lifetime of the bulb rather than how long it's been on?

The only downside that I see to this solution, really, is that you would have to manually switch it between day/night settings. Minor annoyance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts