·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eureka!!!

i have found it!!!!

for 1.00$ (US) i have noticably increased the performance/handling of my slawd

and i mean i can tell the difference....... immendiately

four quarters in the air-filler-pump at the local fillin' station....

and my car went from 24lbs (measured cold, and then 25±lbs hot) to 34 pounds.....

the sags are gone on the sidewalls, and it feels like a sport tuned suspension!! :4:

i am disappointed in nissan for allowing me to drive off with the pressure some 9lbs lower than oem recommended....

just to clarify, i used my spensive copper-laden tire gauge (with bleed-off) that i use on my bikes..... and then double checked it against them.... spot on (within a lb of last cold setting)

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT... Four quarters and (oh yeah get a decent pressure gauge... the bigger the better) improved handling.....

who knows... maybe the SE 'sport tuned' setup is jus that...... 9lbs more pressure in the tires....:rolleyes: :4:

·
Registered
76 Posts
it costs you money to pump your tires?? here its FREE!! everywhere all gas stations.. so ig euss thats a FREE Performance upgrade for me!! :)

although .....i already have the SE suspension.. hehe

·
5,268 Posts
I learned long time ago that increase in tires pressure by 10% and regular check of it will actually improve handling as well as tires life.......learned it from Bob Jones, a race driver, now owner of large tires chain.

·
59 Posts
It's important to check pressures often, especially as the outside temperatures start to drop. Don't quote me on this but I think that the pressure in your tire drops about 3 psi for every 10 degrees drop in outside temp. So here in the upper midwest, I add air in the fall and winter, and reduce the pressure in spring and summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts