Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a CD-R in my changer and I received a "CHECK DISC" error. After removing the CD-R and replacing it with another CD I got the same error. Now any CD I put in gives me the same error. I guess I'll visit the dealer:( :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
Did you try a different brand? Some discs arent very good quality and do make a difference. If they are different brands, are they working on other CD players? If so, your on the right track to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had the same time CD-R playing in the changer before, but it's not just the CD-Rs that give me the error now it's all the CD even the original copies.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
You may be able to clean the lens with a CD lens cleaner disk.
It's worth a try....

·
4,664 Posts
Great if you can get it working again, however, when it's done this once, I'd be tempted to get another under warranty, while you can.

So far in 18 months, I've yet to have a problem reading a disk, other than a CDR that was scratched... (I hope that's all that ever happens!):D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually had the same probelm with my Bose head unit. I took it in to the dealer and had them replace it.
I got the disk error thing after a long drive trip where I listen to CD for most of the trip. I doubt that it has anything to do with it, but you never know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the MO to the dealer, the service advisor said that CD-R can damage the player (BS), anyway the unit has to be replaced , 2 weeks till the replacement comes in.

·
4,664 Posts
I agree. It's BS. The disk doesn't touch the head that reads it.

Your Service Advisor needs to put away the shovel and go read something to get educated.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
almost all of the CDs I play in da Mo are CDr's.....it's neva a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
BOSE CD PROBLEMS

bandhog said:
I actually had the same probelm with my Bose head unit. I took it in to the dealer and had them replace it.
I got the disk error thing after a long drive trip where I listen to CD for most of the trip. I doubt that it has anything to do with it, but you never know.

I encountered the same problem...took a trip to VT and at some point the thing crapped out on me......BEWARE LONG CAR RIDES AND CD PLAYING.......the dealer has ordered a replacement.....we'll see what happens......

·
Registered
97 Posts
Minguell said:
Took the MO to the dealer, the service advisor said that CD-R can damage the player (BS), anyway the unit has to be replaced , 2 weeks till the replacement comes in.

See, this is the kind of situation that gets me in trouble. I absolutely abhoar stupidity and lying just adds a case of the pink leg to it. I would have confronted him and asked exactly how a CD-R damages the CD player and pressed the issue. Now I know the Ford CD players have a problem with thickness. If you compare you can find some blanks that are a little thicker than average and add to that a stick on label and you get a problem. Personally I think stick on paper labels need to be outlawed anyway. This could have something to do with it.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
mgthe3 said:
You may be able to clean the lens with a CD lens cleaner disk.
It's worth a try....
Something to think of..... the CD player uses a laser to read the disk, and there is no physical contact of the CD to the laser..

how can some "magical" disk, that does not actually touch the lense, clean it??????????????

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Minguell said:
I have seen some issues with the high speed players/recorders in PC's that can be damaged by CDR's but not "audio" players.

the quality of some recordable CDRs is not as good as audio production ones, and come are not balanced exacly, I've had one that wobbled so much it could not be read/written to.. .. (since it was blank, it never got written to , so it never got put in an audio player..) at most the CDR would damage a PC, it would never get into an audio player (like the MO)

·
Registered
97 Posts
darrylburke said:

Something to think of..... the CD player uses a laser to read the disk, and there is no physical contact of the CD to the laser..

how can some "magical" disk, that does not actually touch the lense, clean it??????????????
Cleaner disks have little brushes on them. They do "touch" the lens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts