Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time to install my very 1st car seat. We received the Graco Snugride Car Seat at our Baby Shower a few weeks ago. We're down to the last 5 weeks before the due date.

Has anyone ever put this Graco seat in their Murano?

Which side [of the back seat of course] do you recommend putting in on?

Graco SnugRide Car Seat

Wish me luck. I'll try to post some pictures next week.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
FlyerNo9 said:
Which side [of the back seat of course] do you recommend putting in on?

Wish me luck. I'll try to post some pictures next week.
When my youngest was less than a month old, I was hit hard right on the rear passenger door. Thank God she was tightly secured in the MIDDLE of the back seat. Based on that episode, I would never put a kid on either side.

Good luck with your soon to be born baby. Is this your first?

:jump3:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's our 1st.

The only thing with putting it in the middle is the Murano only has the LATCH system on the 2 sides, not the middle.

If I wanted to put it in the middle I'd have to use one inside LATCH hook form each side, which isn't recomended.

I'll mess around with it, maybe even swing by the Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Flyer No. 9:

You are correct in not using the inside anchors of each sides LATCH system for the child seat. They weren't designed to be used that way. From the picture of your car seat, it appears you have a separate base unit. To install, follow the instructions in the baby seat's owner's manual for either right or left side - I prefer the right side behind the front passenger seat in order to be able to unload on the curb side if parked on the street. When snugging up the straps or whatever is used on the anchors, be sure to push the base down into the seat as much as possible.

Although the mounting procedure may vary from seat to seat, I generally have another adult kneel in the child seat for my kid with all their weight while I snug up the belt or strap. It must be so tight that you can literally grab just the car seat and rock the car with the seat. There should be less than an inch of play (if any) of the child seat to the car's seat and the car seat base must look like its indenting into the car seating surface. The seat must also be at the proper angle as determined by the owner's manuyal. Do not worry about damaging the Mo's seats (you can place a cotton towel between the child seat base and the car's seating surface for protection). Its more important to get the child seat mounted correctly. After installation, take it to your local fire station, Chrysler dealer or other location participating in NHTSA's Child Seat Inspection station program. You can find more info about properly installing child seats in cars at NHTSA's website at: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/whatis/regions/index.cfm?fitting=yes

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts