Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Murano, my battery amd brake light came on and after going through posts here I am thinking it is probably the alternator. We are also checking the battery. Just wondering if anyone has used the following alternators?

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,259 Posts
I have a 2006 Murano, my battery amd brake light came on and after going through posts here I am thinking it is probably the alternator. We are also checking the battery. Just wondering if anyone has used the following alternators?
Aftermarket alternators really are a crapshoot. One option you may want to look into is to see if there's a shop in your area that rebuilds them. If you can find one, the end product you get back will generally be more reliable than anything other than a brand new OEM alternator. If you can't find one then look at the warranties, but be skeptical of lifetime warranties as oftentimes these are so cheaply made that the manufacturer can afford multiple warranty claims and still make a profit. Someone once said, "Lifetime Warranty means you get to spend your lifetime replacing the same failed part under warranty." Good luck!

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your help. I followed the Chris fix video for testing the alternator and looks like that is the issue. Thanks for the input I appreciate it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've bought and installed used OEM alternators and starters from LKQ. Go on ebay and search "2006 Murano alternator LKQ" and it will show what they have in stock. I paid $80 for one with 96K miles and its been running perfect for 3 months now. Also bought a used starter from them 2 years ago.

They're cheaper than new aftermarket or questionable quality rebuilds. The only problem is that you are buying used parts so you must check them over very well for damage. The first starter I received had a broken solenoid from an accident, and the first alternator they sent me was for a GMC truck haha. They just refunded me and let me keep them, then I reordered and got the right parts the second time. A little headache but at least I bought low-mileage OE parts that will last a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts