Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did any of you experience that your engine seems to choke or hesitate after parking uphill or on uneven surfaces? just noticed it recently. brought to the dealer and said removed some bubbles in gas tank but problem's still there.

I am already frustrated because much of the problems that we're discussing are on my Mo. window rattles, sunvisor rattles, brake judders and clank, SES on for 7 days then off, noise on right front tire after tire rotation. One main thing also is my car leans to the right, brought to dealer and had wheels aligned and rotated but leans to left afterwards. brought again to dealer and di tire rotaion but went back to leaning to the right side. talked to my cousin(Toyota-mechanic) and said that it might be radial pull. i think i will believe him because 1 of my tires got flat and seems that everytime they put it to the right car leans to the right and the other way around. How did i remember which tire was it? it has that arrow mark when pepboys repaired the tire.

·
Registered
256 Posts
On slow acceleration the engine will sometimes bog down on mine, like the computer has picked the wrong ratio but it's probably just reading the throttle position and allowing for best performance/MPG ratio. I just accelerate a little more briskly to solve the problem. Bubbles in the gas tank? Isn't there always bubbles in the gas tank ?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have that pesky big bubble in my gas tank that I can make smaller by putting gas in it. Eventually, it comes back though. The work around is to keep putting gas in.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
merkyuree said:

I am already frustrated because much of the problems that we're discussing are on my Mo. window rattles, sunvisor rattles, brake judders and clank, SES on for 7 days then off, noise on right front tire after tire rotation. One main thing also is my car leans to the right, brought to dealer and had wheels aligned and rotated but leans to left afterwards. brought again to dealer and di tire rotaion but went back to leaning to the right side. talked to my cousin(Toyota-mechanic) and said that it might be radial pull. i think i will believe him because 1 of my tires got flat and seems that everytime they put it to the right car leans to the right and the other way around. How did i remember which tire was it? it has that arrow mark when pepboys repaired the tire.
You can have the following repaired under warranty:

*TSB for loose sun visor clip (Rattle noise could also be coming from the visors sun extension, be sure that is pushed all the way back into the visor)
*TSB for window rattle
*TSB for brake noises

Sounds like you have a bad tire if it pulls the left and then to the right when moved to the other side of the car (Couis could be right with the thought of radial pull, it happens)

Good luck and stop adding bubbles to your gas tank, it makes the MO hesitate. :2:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: Re: chokes at low speeds after parking uphill

Gonzo said:
Sounds like you have a bad tire if it pulls the left and then to the right when moved to the other side of the car (Couis could be right with the thought of radial pull, it happens)
I fully agree. A bad tire for sure....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah - but he says his leans to a certain side. Can't really blame that on bad tires - unless of course they're flat.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Merkyuree...
When you say the MO "leans" to the right or left do you actually mean "Pulls" to the right of left when driving down the road? If a car is leaning then the PSI is incorrect or somehow you have an odd size tire on your vehicle. If it's pulling while driving in the direction you have put the offending tire then you have a bad tire or underinflated tire. We're trying to help...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Yeah - but he says his leans to a certain side. Can't really blame that on bad tires - unless of course they're flat.
I also assumed he means pulls. Flat tire or a broken suspension will make the car lean.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Eh - didn't think of leaning meaning pulling. Good point...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry about the misinformation. i should have said "pulling" or "veers" towards the side. My cousin advised me to put the bad tire on the back to prevent this because the "steel belt"(if i remember what he said correctly) must have been damaged when i had a flat tire. He also said that the only way to correct this is to change all the tires which i may have to do when it's time.

Thanks for the TSBs. I think I already got them except that some are not very clear copies. When I'm at the dealer, they always sound like they're very hesitant to repair things. Should I go to a different one?

And also just curious, do you hear an alarm reminding you that you forgot to turn off your headlamp? I thought it was like that before but I do not hear it anymore.

·
Registered
256 Posts
- Unless all your tires are getting to a replacement point, why would you replace all four to fix one bad?
- A bad tire/blowout on the rear of a front drive vehicle is more dangerous than on the front of the car.
- Absolutely change dealers...if your aren't happy with current svc dept. you can either file a complaint with the dealership or just disappear from their records. You'll be amazed at the amount of mail you receive from them if you do go elsewhere.
- you don't mention the model, mileage or year of your MO. Did you purchase new?
- my '03 has the headlight reminder chime unless I have the setting on "Auto"

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Change the tire with the damaged belt immediately. Your tires are warranteed by Goodyear, not Nissan. Go to a goodyear place but don't tell them you had a flat that led to the problem. Just complain about the damaged belt and ask them to replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Keep in mind that in the ON positon that will turn off after 30 minutes (all lights will, interior and exterior) and in AUTO they will turn off after a user specified amount of time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
>you don't mention the model, mileage or year of your MO. Did you purchase new?

I purchased this MO new last October 2003 SE AWD Prem package, Sport Package, Non-Nav mileage so far is 17.7K miles.

>Change the tire with the damaged belt immediately. Your tires are warranteed by Goodyear, not Nissan. Go to a goodyear place but don't tell them you had a flat that led to the problem. Just complain about the damaged belt and ask them to replace it under warranty.

Is it still under warranty after more than 1 year?

>Keep in mind that in the ON positon that will turn off after 30 minutes (all lights will, interior and exterior) and in AUTO they will turn off after a user specified amount of time.

How do you set these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tires are warranted based on wear not age.

Read your owner's manual. There are lots of FAQ's in there on how to setup your MO to your own personal taste. You can also do a search on this site for help on most FAQs

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
midnitexpress said:

Read your owner's manual. There are lots of FAQ's in there on how to setup your MO to your own personal taste. You can also do a search on this site for help on most FAQs
He has an '03, only the dealer can set most of the items.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
midnitexpress said:
That is correct. They will measure the amount of thread left on the tire and prorate it accordingly. Even if they don't cover it, change the tire if the belt has in fact been damaged. Damaged belt can, and will, lead to catastrophic tire failure.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Addressing the original topic, the choking uphill sounds like a fuel pressure issue, or you could have been really that low on gas so that the angle of the car sloshed the gasoline out of reach of the fuel pump pickup.

Bubbles in the gas tank? What a ridiculous excuse! Yeah, and I bet that dealer also charges to change spark plugs on diesel engines. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i heard from my cousin who also owns a murano that the tires were discontinued. any idea? how can it be covered with warranty if already dc'd?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think you need to get a new service writer and a new cousin. Goodyear did not discontinue this tire. They may be in short supply since they were the only manf. with OEM sizing, but they are far from being discontinued. Michelin is/has coming out with a CrossTerrain tire in OEM sizing for the MO now also, but all you have to do is take your tire to a Goodyear Service Center and tell them there is a problem. They won't give you a new one for free but they will exchange it for a new on at a prorated amount. Stop listening to your cousin and pay attention to what's being said on this site. When you have a question about anything on the MO someone here will have the correct answer for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts