Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no fan of the bose system that came with my murano (the dealer said it was just part of the pkg. that I wanted and no way to delete the bose pkg.) I have never had a vehicle this large so am concerned about sound overlapping and muddying the clarity. I have 2 jl audio w6 10's subs, I have the jl audio 500-1 and the 300-1 amps. Many shops tell me I can run 3 sets of 6-1/2 mids and there are shops that say dont do it they will overlap and sound muddy. Has anyone here done this with any success?
b.t.w. I liked the jl xr mids and tweets the best I have heard in my quest for muraon sound supremecy!:4:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
This question is all about personal preference. If you like a larger feeling of depth to your music, 2 sets of speakers work well (front and back). If you like perfect clarity, go with one set (front).

The higher the frequency, the more you will notice a drop in clarity with 2 sets. My preference is that I want more mid range, so I'm using 2 sets of 6.5s, and one set of tweeters up front. That way the sound is clear at the important frequencies, the sound stage is mostly in front of everyone and there is still punch in the back seat, plus a bit of additional depth.

Unfortunately my amp for my rear speakers needs to be fixed, so at the moment I'm running just the front set.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
That's right. I'm basically going with the same setup as stock, with better speakers and amps.

2 tweeters on dash, 2 mids in front doors, 2 mids in rear doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts