Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Ohio Murano's SL wheels, non-chrome, but he was kind enough to give them to me in the Chrome wheel boxes they came in. I'm sure he got them from the dealer that way...

Anyway, one of the stickers on one of the boxes (besides the Nissan part number stickers) said "UBE Automotive North America Sarnia Plant, Inc." on it. Having driven through Sarnia to get Detroit, I was intriqued and Googled it...

So it looks like the chrome wheels may have been made in Canada. The non chrome ones on my Murano and off of Ohio's both say Belgium in the casting.

May 13, 2002

Ube Industries, Ltd.

Ube Industries Completes Aluminum Wheel Factory in Canada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ube Industries, Ltd. (President: Kazumasa Tsunemi) today held a completion ceremony for its new aluminum wheel factory in Canada. Ube Industries has positioned aluminum wheel business as one of its four core businesses, and are concentrating its management resources in its core businesses. As a part of Ube Industries' global strategy in aluminum wheel business, the factory, located in Sarnia, Ontario, is owned and operated by UBE Automotive North America Sarnia Plant, Inc. ("UANA Sarnia"), a wholly owned subsidiary. The factory is overseen by Peter Corio, plant manager. Leading the Ube Industries representatives at the ceremony were president Kazumasa Tsunemi and managing executive officer Isao Tamura. Jim Flaherty, Minister of Enterprise, Opportunity and Innovation for the Ontario provincial government was among the local dignitaries

UANA Sarnia will focus on meeting the growing need in North America for large-diameter aluminum wheels and chrome-plated wheels. The factory will use sophisticated manufacturing equipment to supply high-grade wheels not only to clients in North America but also to automakers in Japan and Europe. Projected annual output at Sarnia will rise to 2.2 million units by 2005.
Ube Industries' wheel business uses its own squeeze-process technologies, which produces lightweight and high-gleam wheels. To fully leverage this competitive advantage, Ube Industries is putting together a global manufacturing network as its basic strategy. UBE Group's global manufacturing facilities consist of U-Mold, Ltd. (Yamaguchi, Japan), UBE Automotive North America Mason Plant, Inc. (Ohio, USA) and UANA Sarnia, and UBE Automotive, Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan) supervises the operations of those three plants for a globally optimum production. This centralized system allows UBE Automotive to quickly meet the technological, quality, price and service requirements of automakers operating on a global scale. UBE Group expects to raise its wheel output to 6 million units by 2005, thus firmly positioning Ube Industries among the world's leading suppliers in the market. In Europe, Ube Industries plans to open a sales office in 2002 to lay the groundwork for the launch of full-scale operations in the region. The goal is to rapidly establish a framework with the flexibility to serve automakers wherever they locate manufacturing facilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For further information, please contact:

IR & PR Office
Ube Industries, Ltd.
Seavans North Bldg, 1-2-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8449, Japan
Tel: 03-5419-6110
Life is funny... They have a plant in Ohio, but the guy in Ohio got wheels that came from Ontario and a guy from Ontario bought the original wheels from the guy in Ohio.

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This made me laugh... They open a business park and the whole thing's purchased...

Sarnia Business Park

The City of Sarnia’s first business park located on Highway No. 402 at the Airport Road interchange was established in the year 2000. Soon after the completion of the servicing of this development the City completed the sale of all available lands at the Business Park to UBE Industries. This sale represented the first Canadian investment by UBE Industries, a multi-faceted Japanese business and industrial corporation. UBE Automotive North America Sarnia Plant Inc. now located at the Sarnia Business Park is a $160 million (U.S.) aluminum wheel manufacturing facility. Four giant casting machines produce approximately 1.2 million aluminum wheels annually for the automotive industry. Full production began in 2002. The 300,000 square foot first phase of the plant employs approximately 220 people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts