Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Riding-on-Spare!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrome or Alloy......which one you have?

OEM or Aftermarket?

Just wanna know who spent extra......on those wheels.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Digital

Don't know exact price right at $700 Premium. Dealer claimed Factory, But they had to be added later, so who knows? GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
factory 5 spokers, when their clean an waxed, they look almost chrome.

:D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Chrome looked really nice on black...but not for $1,200. Have factory alloy and very happy with it.

·
4,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Grip,

Thanks. They are very high maintenace though. I have seen a few of them not cared for properly and they rather look bad. I like my alloys. Low maintenace and easy to replace if needed.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Well of course it is individual taste.
And some people who might like chrome wheels cannot afford tham.
So it it is just everybodies personal opinion.

I went Chrome.
I didn't want my wheels to look like every Honda, Toyota, Mitsu, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, Hyundai, etc on the planet.
Come to think of it, that's part of the reason I bought the Murano.:D

I went aftermarket. But only because the factory chrome wheels weren't available at that time.

I also thought I had to either go with chrome, or replace the "chrome" grill.
There was no replacement grill in 2003.

With all due respect to Nissan designers, they sure do know how to put too many different colors and materials on the exterior of a car.

The car looks ok with the alloy wheels.

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I think chrome wheels and polished stainless steel aries bars go well together. If I had the bars then, it would have probably got the chrome wheels too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Factory Chrome

I only went with the Factory chrome because I saw them and liked them better than the alloy's. As Homer stated, I wanted mine to look a little different than the average Murano and I also thought they went well with the grille. Now that I have the Stainless step bars, they kind of all tie together.

·
4,601 Posts
I was half tempted to click on the riding on spare selection, as every Canadian Murano is.... Our spare is identical to what's on the four corners.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do all MO's have full spare tire? 03...04...05? at first i thought mine had compact spare but reading label on door, stated compact spare tire is included but i have full spare with alloy rim. ????? any input?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wanted chrome factory wheels but couldn't find any with the option already on it. So I got the factory chrome one's installed at the dealer afterwards at a cost of $1045 out the door and I kept the alloys. I'm currently in the process of selling the alloys so I'm going to end up with a cost of around $850 so that's not to bad. :cool:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Digital

Is your Murano used? The only Murano's I'm aware of with a full sized spare are for the Canadian Market. U.S. does not get the full size spare. Sounds like either way you got a bonus.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even if its spare how come its on alloy rim. Maybe I did get bonus..

·
Registered
747 Posts
digital

Canadian Model comes with a full size alloy wheel with stock Goodyear tire. I think thats great. If you search the forum for Canadian Spare you'll find some info that pointed me to the fact that Canadian Mo spare comes with Alloy wheel. Does your Murano have Daytime Running Lights on when you start it??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do have auto lights on feature but not daylight running lamps...if im not wrong.....

coult it be Canadian model?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Digital

As far as I am aware all Canadian models come with DTRL feature. Does not sound like your's has it. Is your cargo area floor board over the spare tire uneven, or does it stick up above the rest of the floor board? Canadian Model Spare tire covers are made differently than U.S. Models to accomodate the full size spare.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, there's the tire then subwoofer inside the tire. A board on top of that and covered with storage bin and finally a board with latch to lock it down. Isnt this typical setup for all MO's?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Digital

Yes that is the typical setup. The only reason I asked was that the U.S. Mo has to be rigged to hold a full size spare. If you do not modify the spare cover in some way, it will stick up above the side floor panels.

·
4,994 Posts
pcs15394

With the full size spare you leave out the formed storage compartment that is under the cargo deck spare compartment cover and on top the press board spacer. This makes room for the thicker tire, Like they do in Canada.

A search will find the picture as this has been on the forum before. GRIP :D.s

1 - 20 of 27 Posts