1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cheesy - The main grill is chrome enough. Maybe on the blue, pewter MO's.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don't know which color I would pick, but when you really look at the opening for the lower grill there is not a lot of protection of the lower rad area which includes the A/C condenser, and tranny cooler.

While I was on holidays I saw a car that took a small rock into the lower section of the rad and ruptured the A/C condenser.

Living close to the mountains and in an area where it can snow a lot, I am really starting to wonder if I should get something to better protect the lower rad area. Has any one else done anything about it or given it any thought? :8: :8:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think one of the canadian guys put some steel mesh in there.
He had also seen a rock take out the AC.

Might have been Rainbowfarm if you want to look at his pots.

Homer

·
Registered
78 Posts
Trans cooler, we have one ? :eek: All I see is the radiator. I was looking to install one since I tow cause I know the CVT doesn't tolerate heat well. I'll look closer tonight.

·
Registered
844 Posts
BARCODE said:
Trans cooler, we have one ? :eek: All I see is the radiator. I was looking to install one since I tow cause I know the CVT doesn't tolerate heat well. I'll look closer tonight.
The Mo tranny is supposed to have 3 coolers to keep the tranny oil from overheating. One of the coolers is intergal to the transmission on the underside of the tranny. You cannot miss it as it has an air scoop to direct air over built in fins on the bottom. One note of caution, if you may damage this scoop, as it hangs low, on a parking lot marker it will reduce or shut the cooling air flow to the bottom of the transmission.

I just got back from towing my tent trailer ( 900 KG) over the mountains with 6-8% grade and did not have a problem with the transmission in 30C weather. Of course you are not going to drive the Mo towing a trailer at 110 Kph going up a 8% grade

·
Registered
564 Posts
There is a trans cooling area, although in past threads on this issue, I believe some of the more technical folks noted the CVT doesn't generate heat like a traditional A/T, hence the lack of need for additional tranny cooler for towing. Here's a pick of the CVT cooling unit from the outside front.

I agree that a wire mesh would be helpful. While power washing my car, I hit the radiator and bent in a bunch of fins. I'm going to have to get the toothpicks out to try to open them up again - won't be fun, easy or quick. :mad:

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Great find nissanlove!!!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Great find nissanlove!!!
Definitely very cool....a mod I wasn't going to do, but...

·
4,664 Posts
I wonder if they'd do one that looks like teeth?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts