Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
My power ports failed, so I figured out that 15A fuse (front power port) was blown so I replaced it and they are all working again.
However in the process I noticed on the fuse diagram on the back of the plastic cover there is a 15A fuse for cigarette lighter... Problem is my car doesn't have a cigarette lighter (2004 Murano).
I used this fuse as the replacement for the blown front power port fuse... I hope this fuse isn't needed for anything..
Anyone explain why there is an apparently unnecessary 15A fuse ?? Any problem leaving it open?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im not an expert but i remember i n my previous car there were some spare fuses.

Also which fuse did u change? My lighter doesnt work either, I guess i need to change fuse?. Can u take a pic plz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read a thread regarding the 'cig lighter' that stated this was non-functional circuit on the muranos (legacy I guess).

If your power ports aren't working I'd suggest checking all the blue fuses on the inside fuse box -- the one that was fried on mine was #7 .
I believe there is a 2nd fuse for the rear power port (in the trunk) - #17 ?. The rear port depends on BOTH fuses so it will also not work if #7 is fried.
They are both blue 15A, so just check all the blue ones (there are only 4-5 of them) and see if any of them are fried and replace as needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just read a thread regarding the 'cig lighter' that stated this was non-functional circuit on the muranos (legacy I guess).

If your power ports aren't working I'd suggest checking all the blue fuses on the inside fuse box -- the one that was fried on mine was #7 .
I believe there is a 2nd fuse for the rear power port (in the trunk) - #17 ?. The rear port depends on BOTH fuses so it will also not work if #7 is fried.
They are both blue 15A, so just check all the blue ones (there are only 4-5 of them) and see if any of them are fried and replace as needed.
Thanks, I will check it out. Btw do your gear selector and glove box have a bulb ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Anne Webster
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing