Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the Clarion Model Number is ... that's installed in the 04 SL MO, w/ Touring pkg?

I'd like to get a Manual from Clarion on it.

Thanks
Allen

·
Registered
265 Posts
A Clarion is inside the MO??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Afraid so, .... the Bose part is just the speakers and the amplifier!!

da receiver is Clarion.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Because that is what Page 67, paragrapgh 4, sub paragraph 7, of the Bose/Nissan agreement calls for.:1:

Homer

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Semi Serious. I've obviously never sen the actual document between Bose and Nissan.

The Bose name is often just sold as a marketing gimmick. And Bose is very pro active and want their name featured prominently.
I would bet that the Amp is not even built by Bose. But I don't "know" that.

So, when you get ready to market your car/truck you want to sign a deal with some of the Premium Manufactures.
Names that are to be considered are Infinity, Harmon Kardon and Bose.

All of them will want their name featured.

So Bose comes to you and says they will supply some paper cone speakers and a 100 watt amp but they do not have the capacity to build 50,000 front ends that contain the tuner, CD and AC controls......but they will give you a really good price if you advertise Bose and give them prominent name placement,

Where do you get the tuner? From a Tuner company.
Where do you get the CD. From a CD company.
Where do you get the AMP............well maybe Bose gets the amp. I doubt that they build it. And maybe Bose does build the speakers.

So how does the Bose name get on your Murano?
After some very convoluted negotiations, it is spelled out in the contract.

Homer

Who builds the amp? I don't know. But if you know what you want you can have an MEC or ACL amp built cheap.
Who are MEC or ACL?
They are companies that you can find by going down to any trade center in San Fran, Chi Town, Nawlins, or the City. They are sometimes known as Box companies.
They are electronic assembly companies.
Some of the even have design staffs, but mostly, they build your design.
I see Bose as an engineering company. I doubt if they have the capacity to build 20 or 30,000 amps per year for Nissan,
But that is just spec on my part.
I once worked not in, but with the Box industry.

H

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I second Homer posts above....

Lexus' sign a deal with MArk Levinson Sound system as their premium souns system option in SC and RX.

Read this article: Mark levinson and the ex-wife, guess who?

Do you know that MArk levinson audio system is no longer under the real MArk Levinson?
Do you know that the real MArk levinson is having his own audio company now?
Do you know that the real MArk Levinson was married to Kim Catrall (sex and city: samantha)?

Now why lexus still have "mark Levinson" audio sound system under their option when the real person who own the name is no longer in that company? It is all about "brand recognition" :rolleyes:

·
4,664 Posts
I don't know this for a fact, but I expect Bose consulted to Nissan on the design, in concert with Clarion and then has an agreement to use the Bose name, as a result. This makes it easy for Bose, as they don't have to make anything, but get paid for the use of the name and Clarion can continue to OEM as needed to Nissan.

This is how I'd do it if I was a Nissan Marketing person.

Nissan: "Bose, can you look at what Clarion can supply us and make suggestions as to which parts we should use?"

Bose: "Sure Nissan, no problem, and here's what it will cost you, and we'll let you put our name on it as a result..."

Nissan: "That works for us!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts