Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with the Clarion N.I.C.E. unit? I was in Fry's today and the salesman took one out and showed me how it works. It's a pretty cool standalone unit, although a bit more expensive than other systems like the Garmin or TomTom.

Check it out here: http://www.clarion.com/usa/innovation/

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
That is N.I.C.E...!

At $1,300, seems to be the same price as buying a decent navigation system and an iPOD. I wonder if the hard drive is upgradable to a larger size....:D

·
5,268 Posts
Nice unit. But at this price better be!

For me it has one big drawback - size. It is just to big to be portable.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
What a cool product! I like how its allows you to have a touchscreen without complicated mounting options. I'm sure a carputer is more functional, but the N.I.C.E. looks to be a plug and play accessory for those who don't want to do complicated wiring.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
If I did not have a carputer in the MO or had not bought a Garmin 2520 for my wife's car, I would seriously consider this unit. Other than Internet access and phone control, it seems it can give you anything a carputer can for much less (considering there is no installation cost) - Flat dash in the Murano begs for a unit like this!

The only issue I have with it is that it does not give you a choice of Satellite providers and you are basically stuck with Sirius - but that is not an issue if you are a Sirius fan...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts