Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had a chance to pursue this any further? I'm on board if so please contact me via email at [email protected] or at 828-490-0567 thank you Julie Keen Ackerman
I agree we all have almost verbatim exactly the same problem and Nissan knew it and I believe these used car dealers who have these cars they're selling to Consumers I cannot believe that all of us are supposed to just bend over and take it I've had my car a year and the week after I got it the top failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on board with all of you. We have been give the royal shaft by Nissan and those who resell a poorly made product yet charge top dollar. I hadn't had a car payment in three years and broke down just o have this beautiful Murano. I love it, but it's useless to me as far as the convertible top. Dang brackets are broken on both sides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 with 62,000 miles. Garage kept her whole life, never abused. I love this car. I bought an extended warranty through AUL at the car dealership. I specifically asked to make sure the top was covered. Rep said yes. This was 2 years ago. Wear "holes" on each side of rear window are forming. Something must be rubbing to cause this. Called warranty company and I'm told warranty doesn't cover tops. Dealership said part is $9,000.00. 8 hours labor with two mechanics? That is absolute absurdity. Do I own a Ferrari or a Nissan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry brother we are all in the same situation. I will try another top repair guy Monday and also lined up a 3D printer shop to see if we can fabricate the repair parts. Will keep the thread updated if something pans out....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am
I am seeing way to many issues with the convertible tops. I recently had an issue. While lowering my top, something sounded "off". Then strained. So I stopped lowering it and tried to put the roof back on. To late. Now, I will get the items name wrong. It is a strut like item that pushes the hood into the "locked" position. I initially took it to a dealer in Kansas City. The guy was a service manager at a different location. He said that where he was now, they would NOT work on the car because they simply didn't have the experience. He alluded to the fact that this top was part of the reason why the car was only made for a few years. So I went to the suggested dealership. They charged me $150 to diagnose the issue. I had purchased this car from a BMW dealership, coincidentally right down the road. When I bought the car with 25k on it, I got an extended warranty to 100k. I specifically told the dealer the warranty had to cover EVERYTHING and it cost $2872 for the warranty. Yes, the warranty people were in Florida when the hurricane hit so it took a week to get their insurance adjuster out to assess my car. It took a week for them to diagnose and get the adjuster out. Bottom line, no, the insurance only covered the roof motor. Here's the bigger issue. You can't get parts for this. So I need a whole new roof estimated at $16,000.00. Like a bulb in your dashboard that goes out, replace the dashboard, not the bulb. I say they (Nissan) knew or should have known about this issue and if nothing else had a warning in the car.
I called 1800 NISSAN1 and they declined me 1) because I have too many miles on the car at 64k. 2) I am past the 36 months and 3) because they decided to without seeing the car (they knew what was wrong).

I have a car that I still owe money on. I cannot sell because the roof doesn't work. I cannot fix because its $16k. I cannot use it for it's intended purpose (like going to Costco in it was really going to happen). So I'm supposed to bend over and take it? No, I will not. I am posting here because I truly think a class action will benefit all of us victims. And we ARE victims. I am just starting this ball rolling.
[/QUOTE
I am with you on this. My dream car has been a disaster. Not to many miles in had difficulties with the top. Same story on replacing it. Had to get new alto alternator at 31k. Now my driver side window is possessed and goes down when the car is off. Also the indicator the top is not up is erroneously chiming. Had to take a fuse out. So frustrating I want to cry. This car sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UPDATE: Some good news for Cross Cab enthusiasts, and owners, I just picked my repaired CC top from a Long Island, NY auto restorer. He manufactured all the necessary repair parts needed for the repair in-house and completed the job in three days. His name is Tim @ 516-938-7373, www.autointeriors.biz. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello, that sounds interesting!...how much did it cost for te auto restorer to do all that?....I am looking to buy a cross cab , and was wondering what issues each year has....thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
8,481 Posts
hello, that sounds interesting!...how much did it cost for te auto restorer to do all that?....I am looking to buy a cross cab , and was wondering what issues each year has....thanks a lot!
Quite honestly. Don't do it. There are other convertibles on the market. If reading this thread doesn't convince you that this is a bad idea, then as they say in Texas, "Bless your heart."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Murano Cross Cabriolet, I purchased with 1 year left on the warranty. While still under warranty, the top was not closing properly. The dealer fixed it and it worked fine until last fall. I took it to dealer and they adjusted it again. In the spring of this year, the alarm kept going off, so I took it to the dealer again. They replaced parts on the passenger side rear that helps lift the top. I was told the parts cost $5000.00. It cost me $1000.00 because the dealer was able to get a warranty on that part. Two months later, the other side breaks and the pin that closes the top sheared off. The dealer says I need a whole new top. They tried again to get Nissan to cover part of the repairs. After a lot of back and forth, I was presented with, pay back the $4000.00 and they will cover half. Well, after I pay the $4000.00. I will be almost paying for a whole new top. They are yet to give me a price at Nissan and no one will return my calls. I truly believe they know they are in the wrong here which why they not returning my calls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you share with me and everyone what part is not being covered? Also, did they say how this part could have broke other that a cheaply made part or poor design. thank you for your help.
PISS POOR DESIGN. If the water pump went and a manufacturer said "you need a new engine" they certainly wouldn't get away with it! We All need to collaborate with the same law firm that has already beaten Nissan!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat. When I was putting the top back one day something made a weird sound - and what I believe it was is the flap that opens near the headrest in the backseat. I had that flap replaced when my car was under warranty because it got bent one time when operating the roof. Now this time of course the car is no longer under warranty and the convertible top is no longer operating. I was quoted $15,000 because instead of just fixing the part that is broken, they have to replace the entire top. I called Nissan to file a complaint and they said there was nothing they could do. I was able to manually close the top, but had to disable some wiring so that my car wouldn't constantly beep while driving because it thinks the top is open. This also disabled my automatic locks - I can only use the fob to lock or unlock, or have to manually unlock within the car. I also have to manually open my trunk. I'm so disappointed. Really loved this car, but it was a huge mistake purchasing this vehicle.
If You don't mind answering; because now I'm having the constant sound problem. Where was the location of what You had to disconnect to stop the sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am seeing way to many issues with the convertible tops. I recently had an issue. While lowering my top, something sounded "off". Then strained. So I stopped lowering it and tried to put the roof back on. To late. Now, I will get the items name wrong. It is a strut like item that pushes the hood into the "locked" position. I initially took it to a dealer in Kansas City. The guy was a service manager at a different location. He said that where he was now, they would NOT work on the car because they simply didn't have the experience. He alluded to the fact that this top was part of the reason why the car was only made for a few years. So I went to the suggested dealership. They charged me $150 to diagnose the issue. I had purchased this car from a BMW dealership, coincidentally right down the road. When I bought the car with 25k on it, I got an extended warranty to 100k. I specifically told the dealer the warranty had to cover EVERYTHING and it cost $2872 for the warranty. Yes, the warranty people were in Florida when the hurricane hit so it took a week to get their insurance adjuster out to assess my car. It took a week for them to diagnose and get the adjuster out. Bottom line, no, the insurance only covered the roof motor. Here's the bigger issue. You can't get parts for this. So I need a whole new roof estimated at $16,000.00. Like a bulb in your dashboard that goes out, replace the dashboard, not the bulb. I say they (Nissan) knew or should have known about this issue and if nothing else had a warning in the car.
I called 1800 NISSAN1 and they declined me 1) because I have too many miles on the car at 64k. 2) I am past the 36 months and 3) because they decided to without seeing the car (they knew what was wrong).

I have a car that I still owe money on. I cannot sell because the roof doesn't work. I cannot fix because its $16k. I cannot use it for it's intended purpose (like going to Costco in it was really going to happen). So I'm supposed to bend over and take it? No, I will not. I am posting here because I truly think a class action will benefit all of us victims. And we ARE victims. I am just starting this ball rolling.
'

Same thing just happened to my car!

·
Registered
18 Posts
'

Same thing just happened to my car!

How far along are you to starting Class Action Suite. A big law firm in boston less than an hour away. I need people with DOCUMENTATION willing to get what they paid for and deserve from NISSAN

41 - 55 of 55 Posts