Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, how often do you use a clay bar? Once in a vehicle's life, once a year, once a decade? I haven't used it before, but have one now. Just trying to figure out when the next time I will have to repeat the process may be.
TIA

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you park in a garage and spend no time parked near a railroad track, light rail etc. then once a year is plenty.

When your car is wet, run your fingernails gently over the hood and feel for any tiny bumps. If you don't then it's not yet time for the clay bar.

And don't ignore the instructions that if you drop that clay bar on the ground while using it, get rid of it. No 2 second rule here. It's effectively a piece of sandpaper at that point.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with Halo. Another way to test if your car needs to be clayed is by the baggie test.

Put your hand inside of a baggie sandwich bag and rub your hand across your CLEAN paint. If your car needs to be clayed, you'll feel it.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I only feel the baby's bottom after a bath

That way there is nothing to confuse me that is wash removable. Then if the skin is rough it get claying. :jester:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts