Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a MO. Picked it up on October 21. What do you use to clean the Information display. In the pass I have just used glass cleaner, but notice scratches in the display. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I too have not figured out the best way to clean the display. I think some monitor cleaner would work - you can pick those up at office supply stores I think. I once tried to use a swiffer cloth to wipe the dust off, it ended up scratching the screen slightly.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I Use the same stuff I use on my Sunglasses.

Just some jive eyeglass cleaner (Micro-Clair)and what I think is the key, It came with a microfiber cloth.

No scratches yet and I wouldn't expect any.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hfelknor said:
I Use the same stuff I use on my Sunglasses.

Just some jive eyeglass cleaner (Micro-Clair)and what I think is the key, It came with a microfiber cloth.

No scratches yet and I wouldn't expect any.

Homer
Great idea, I will try that out too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
esemes said:
i use plexus.........

cleans, and will fill in any of the hairlines in the surface....

itsa two step spray; very easy...

wipe clean with a flannel rag..........
Hey es

What's this "plexus" stuff? Where buy? How much?

·
Registered
97 Posts
esemes,

You can only buy dozen at a time.

Can you buy a single somewhere else?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks guys.

Now if I can find some up here in Canada.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use the same as homer. My Oakley or Raybans came with a cleaner cloth that works great for it. I use it on my laptop screens as well.

Chez

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Chezman29 said:
I use the same as homer. My Oakley or Raybans came with a cleaner cloth that works great for it. I use it on my laptop screens as well.

Chez
gotta say i jus went out and bought a 3-pack of the micro-cloth's.....

amazing..........

to say the least

use em on the display, and the gauges (and inside windshield im betting) and you'll get a completely streak/smudge-free shine

sms

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those are also great for professional style waxing/outside paint cleaning.
They remove all reminents of whatever product you use to keep your paint in the best condition possible.
They feel kind of funny on your fingers/fingerprints though huh!

Chez

·
Registered
180 Posts
For all you Canadians out there interested in Plexus:

Received an email from Plexus and they'll be distributing through Canadian Tire as of March 04. Until then, you'll probably be able to find some at a local motorcycle shop -- I did (though I'll wait for the actual purchase until CT carries it -- maybe cheaper given their ability to buy in volume)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just wipe mine with the cleaning cloth that comes with my Oakley sunglasses. it works great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts