Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how are we going to clean the interior?
A lot of aluminum.
External Aluminum is easy.
Soap and water.

But inside, I have no desire to get the leather wet.

And untreated aluminum, like the Murano, scratches very easily.

So how do we do it???

Homer

PS BTW - a lot of Aluminum pieces in other cars have a clear coat finish. We don't.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Yeah the aluminum does scratch easy and you sure don't want to use harsh chemicals. I've been using isopropyl alcohol and water with a cotton cloth, 1:3 mix. But the idea about putting scotchcal on the aluminum is intrigueing. I like it. Might try it. No scrathes on the MO yet but I scratched the left aluminum steering wheel cover in the Z with my watch band. Entirely stupid on my part but the scotchcal would have saved me. I just don't know what it will look like on the brushed aluminum.

On the leather, I've been using Mecguirs Leather cleaner and Murphy's soap. On the nagahyde, it's alcohol and water again.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Interior Aluminum Trim

I used the Klasse All in One to put a couple of protective coats on my interior Aluminum trim and am very happy with the results, so far.

It creates a somewhat slick surface that seems to help avoid scratches. I've never used this stuff on the interior before but so far, I'm impressed with the results.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Interior Aluminum Trim

Putting Klasse on the aluminum sounds like a good idea. I guess Zaino would also work.

dklanecky1 said:
I used the Klasse All in One to put a couple of protective coats on my interior Aluminum trim and am very happy with the results, so far.

It creates a somewhat slick surface that seems to help avoid scratches. I've never used this stuff on the interior before but so far, I'm impressed with the results.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, coating the aluminum will help and make it easier to clean too.

The one thing that WILL take off Klasse amd Zaino too, is alcohol. So keep that in mind. I know that Alcohol is about the ONLY thing that will remove Zaino.

I don't know if I want that aluminum to have a high gloss.
Have to think about that for a bit.
dklanecky1, does it shine up with the Klasse, like it does on paint???

Homer

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was initially a little concerned about the possibility of too high a gloss and then decided I could live with it (and the extra protection for that expensive aluminum) if it happened.

That said, I think the Klasse actually dulls the aluminum finish just a touch from stock. I suspect the texture of the aluminum is what keeps the gloss down. I think the Klasse might actuall be fillking in the surface a little bit.

I'm going to put a second coat of the Klasse on one of these days and then may try a coat of the Klasse High Gloss sealant and see if the shine comes back up a little more.

It has absolutely stopped any scratches from happening and there's been a couple of times I dropped stuff on/across the aluminum and was scared to look, fully expecting a scratch when I did look.

Nothing so far!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts