Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Im new to the forums.
I own a 03' Silver Murano, and I can't stand it being dirty.
I live near the woods, and theres always grass, or stuff from my shoes getting on the mats. I try to keep it clean, as much as i can. Anyone have any tips, like what products to use to get best looks?

What about wheels? Murano has amazing stock wheels, how do I keep those babies clean? :2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you REALLY into detailing, get Zaino paint products. I think that they are one of, if not THE, best waxes out there. I have the same color as you also. One thing I would like to mention, is no matter what you do, make sure you use a clay bar on the paint prior to applying any wax. This removes air borne particles that bond to your paint, along with tree sap and road tar. When you buy it, run your hand accross the paint before and after, you will be truely amazed at what this thing does. Zaino sells a clay bar too, but a clay bar is the same as any other, IMO. You can buy them at AutoZone or parts stores like that.

As far as the wheels go, are they chrome or clear coat (greyish)? In any case, the best thing is to wash them LAST with the car wash you used to wash the car. Use a different and old rag/towel too because of all the brake dust. You can buy a wheel cleaner, but IMO, they are $5 and dont last that long for the money. Mother's or Meguiars wheel cleaners are good--just make sure you buy the specific cleaner for the type of wheel. (It will say so on the packaging.)

Zaino's web site is www.zainobros.com. To start, you should get the ZFX accelerator, Z-2 for clear coat paints, Z-6 Ultra Gloss Enhancer for quick wipe-downs, and Z-7 car wash. It will probably be around $50 for everything the first time, but will last a LONG time.

If you decide to go this route, let me know and I'll tell you the tips/tricks of come to learn over the past year, or so, I've been using it. Whatever you do, DO NOT wash your car with a liquid dish soap. This will strip any and all waxes you have on the paint--this is why it is important to use the Z-7 car wash with the Z-2.

For the application, removal process of any wax, I like to use the Meguiars applicator pads for applying the wax. These are sold at part stores too and come in packs of 4. They are gold in color. To remove the wax, use a microfiber cloth. Some use 100% cotton, but the trick is that there are millions of different grades of it--made in pakistan, USA, or some other country that you have to worry about. If you go with microfiber(MF), it won't scratch your paint either. Same thing with drying the car after washing too--use MF. Only this time, you want what is called a waffle weave. It absorbs somewhere around 4 times its weight in water. I used to use "The Absorber" chamois, but I read that this removes wax and can cause small scratches too because of how contaminants can get into the material of it. A good place to buy your products for MF is www.exceldetail.com. I just ordered my first set of stuff from him, and you can buy the "Excel Gold Kit" for $24.95, and has just about everything you need to get started. Make sure you wash them with a LIQUID detergent like Tide Clean Rinse--once again, the powder detergent can scratch the surface.

I think I've babbled on and bored you all enough about this. Any more questions, just let me know...

Dustin

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
Another Zaino opinion

I truly agree with Dookie on the Zaino products. They are very, very good. You will be amazed. Zaino is a synthetic, not a wax. It has great properties for better shine, protection and duration of protection. I do have different opinions on application.

First, from everything I've read about Zaino, its best to prepare the car for "adhesion" or "bonding" of their product to the car. Clean the car with Dawn dish soap. Its alkaline properties WILL strip the car of wax and oils. This will help the Zaino bond to the car. I recommend claying the car too. These steps are needed for the initial application of Zaino.

Z2 or Z5 can be used to "wax" your car. I recommend using the ZFX accelerator with either of these to accelerate the drying process of Zaino.

I've gleaned information about Zaino from their web page, other car forums (others swear by Zaino) and this great page from auto detailers. There are numerous posts with Tips on Zaino. Do a search on Zaino. http://www.autopia.org/index.php

good luck

·
Registered
466 Posts
After reading what I wrote, I didn't make one thing clear. Lol. You should wash you car in Dawn the first time, like LKimura said. Just dont do it after yoou have applied the Zaino. Sorry to confuse you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts