Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any CD cleaner disc for the MO? Wondering if it is necessary or not....

·
4,664 Posts
I've wondered if a CD cleaning disc is necessary in any CD player. The head does not contact the disc and therefore should not pick up any junk. The only way I can see it getting dirty is from dust or smoke in the air, and even then, it's got to make it's way into the changer first.

So if you smoke, don't put your lips up to the slot in the changer and exhale. I suspect it may be bad for it.

So far, I've never cleaned any CD player, drive or changer and I've got some pretty old ones, including an ancient one with a SCSI interface and cartridges that the disc has to be loaded into. (Guess it's time to dump that, but it's just sitting in a server being useful on occasion.)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I bought a CD player cleaning disc once. It was basically a CD with a small brush on it. The brush cleaned the laser lens as the the disc spun. Yeah, rocket science.

I would only clean the laser lens if you notice more and more discs skipping. Otherwise, its probably not to fix something thats not broken.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
after using cleaning CD's on many CD drives at work, I'd have to say that it fixes about 20% of problems reading CD's. The rest are just plain dead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts