Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new '04 SL awd last week and ordered a "Clear Bra" to be installed last Wed. My Dealer arranged for a company called AUTOBAHN ROADBLOCK to install coverage to the upper front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights and fog lights and quoted me a price of $559.00. My Dealer is 1.5hrs. away and they wanted my MO for the day requiring my wife to follow so we could go sight seeing aroud the pretty towns south of Boston (in the pouring rain)! Bad weather prevented a close inspection until the following day. They did a really nice job... however there wasn't any protection applied to the headlights or fog lights. Called the Nissan Dealer and they agreed that I paid for the Light protection and would get back to me after checking with INSTALLERS at AUTOBAHN. AUTOBAHN claimed that they no longer cover the headlights because the 3M film was shrinking due to the excessive heat generated and they had a few complaints. They never told the Dealer about this and I was charged the full amount as though they had done a complete coverage. Now to add insult to injury they have not provided any documentation as to the work preformed or a written warranty.

In all fairness to the Nissan Dealer, they were very apologetic and refunded $65.00 to my account, but no solution the lack of Headlight coverage.

Would sure appreciate hearing from my fellow Murano owners about Headlight coverage or the lack thereof. :confused:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had a clear bra installed by an X-Pel installer and he did do the headlights and fog lights...No issues yet. He does cover the labor for three years and film for 4 years...The installer has done several Mo's and hasn't had any issues with the headlights yet...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I had the 3M film put on my headlights.
However I was concerned about the high heat.

There is none.

The bulbs are 35 watt.

You have been had.

Certainly one thing you could do is turn the lights on and feel the assy. No heat.

Contact an Xpel or UltraShield dealer and explain how you got ripped at Autobahn and see if they will just do the headlights for you.

I know that Ultrashield should do it as they have the component parts on the computer and it is quite simple to call up the headlight pieces and have the computer cut them.

Homer

·
Registered
180 Posts
All

Please help. "Clear Bra/Stoneguard/Invisibra/......" Are they all the same? I had the Clear Bra (I'll call it that for now) on my 00 Pathfinder as was very pleased with it. It was 3M. Would like to get the same thing on the MO but I'm getting confused (easy thing to do, for me) with all the different names. Are the names just the install companies putting their own "spin" on the same 3M film? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
They are all the same....Just different companies call them different names...I have the 3m product installed on my MO and it is great...No issues yet...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many Thanks for the input! My Dealer is following up on this and may never use these people again. I'll keep y'all posted when they get back to me.

Just received the Nissan customer feedback survey and I think I'll hang on to it for a couple of days!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
aftermarket availability

Hey "the canuck"

Any idea where this can be installed aftermarket in Ontario ?

I am located near Oakville and want to get it after delivery.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Just be advised that it needs to be installed in an environment of at least 70 degrees. Warmer is better. Much better.
And although it has "most" of it's adhesion within minutes of application it really helps to have 2 or 3 dyas of warm weather to "cure". This makes sure that all "bubbles' are gone, etc.

Might be a little tough to do at this time of the year where y'all are from.

Homer

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: aftermarket availability

smckellar said:
Hey "the canuck"

Any idea where this can be installed aftermarket in Ontario ?

I am located near Oakville and want to get it after delivery.
I had it installed on my Pathfinder at a Ziebart dealer when I was in Edmonton. They had two different widths offered -- 6" or 9" (or something like that). I chose the 9" cause it covered the entire hood area my bra used to cover. Used the bra only for LONG road trips (ie. Edmonton to Kingston).

I'm pretty sure Trim-Line dealers also are 3M installers for this (they are here.)

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts