Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me try here.

A local installer wants $695 to do a full clear bra install (hood, fender, bumper) including lights. It seems like a lot of money but I'd rather have it done early.

So can you talk me into or out of it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Retail to purchase is $600

The kit costs $600 (front top and bottom).

I guess that's the price, but I've heard of better prices. Compared to stone chips, it sounds good to me. After 60,000 miles, I have a pile of hood acne.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

It's getting installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just went to xpel dot com and looked at their
Hood, Fender and Mirror kit. Looks very easy to install.
Ordered mine for $295 (include tax) +$9 shipping.
Will intall it next week and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This past Friday I had installed on my MO a clear bra. The installer ordered it from Invinca-Shield (its a 3M product) and it cost me $245 (installed) for the hood, fender (endcaps) and mirrors. The pieces were already precut but he did have to do some fine trimming to get it to fit just right. He did take a while, maybe 45-60 minutes and he said that the mirrors are the hardest part to do because of their curvature.
It seems that he did a good job but I wont know for sure until I wash it in a week. I will try to post pictures then.

Later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got clear bra installed very cheap

Hi All,

I just got clear bra installed on my MO. Cost extremely competitive. All parts - fender , bumper , mirrors , headlights , hood including install cost $415. The kit was from xpel. In fact the installer was certified xpel kit installer. Has his own cutting tools and software from xpel. That's how he can pass on the benefit to the customers , unlike some installers whom I talked that buy the kit from xpel directly.

Did an extremely wonderful job , shall post pics. next week after waxing the car.

Just for everyone's benefit, the installer operates in northern and sourthern california and is mobile. His name is richard martinez (www.shearshield.com) . The phone no. is listed on the web-site.

Also he is going to design the 3M kit for the front grill and the wind-deflectors using xpel software. Also he shall be designing kit for 14mil thick films. Currently he uses 8 mil which should be good enough for most drivers.

Initially I was skeptical about him as he was so low in cost. After talking to the guy personally today , make sense now. He has all the tools in house (plotting and cutting tools), wants to expand the business and hence costs as low as possible - was an ex-agilent employee working with their finance who got interested in this business (think of career change !!!). Was very patient , very customer driven , made sure there are no bubbles. Took nearly 6 hrs. to get the job done.

pkhona

1 - 10 of 10 Posts