Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this yet? It sounds like mine is coming from the driver's side, possibly in the engine compartment. It seems like it does it more when acclerating from a stand still, but it does do it from a roll also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No knock here!
Does it matter if you are turning while accelerating? Or does it make the noise going straight ahead?
Are you using premium fuel? Could be engine knock, from low octane fuel.
CV joints clatter under accel while turning. Or some part of the engine/transmission assy may be touching the body or frame while the torque load flexes the rubber engine mounts. Could be a minor body rattle.
(I don't like rattles. So far my MO has been pretty much rattle free, I have fixed one already, in the instrument pod mounting.)

I would certainly get that checked ASAP. Good luck, & please post whatever the fix or problem is.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's definately not a CV Joint. I was thinking about the possibility of the engine/tranny hitting part of the frame, but I would think it would be a more subtle and deeper sounding knock; I could be wrong though. My wife just had it in for an oil change today and I didn't get a chance to tell her. I'll stop by sometime this week since it's so close to home. I'm working 12's right now, so time is valuable this week. I'll keep you guys posted when something new surfaces...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts