Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'all.

It seems that when I'm slowing down / lightly breaking, there is a clicking noise in the rear....any thoughts on what it might be?

I took it to the dealer and they said new tires...not likely as it only happens when I'm slowing down....HELP!! I want something to go back to the dealer with!

Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
I find that braking after changing direction will cause a click when first applied. This is due to the pads, which float, shifting position when first applied.

But it's just one click, and doesn't seem to do it after, or at every application.

Is it a single click? or many? (Each time you brake.)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, pretty much each time I slow down...

·
4,664 Posts
Single click every time you put on the brakes? Or Click click click click click...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Click, click, click. Speed of the clicks depends on how fast you're going. Also, I only tend to hear it when I lightly press on the brakes (i.e slowing down at a stop sign).

Thanks Jaak!

·
4,664 Posts
Hmmm... (Scratches head...) I have no idea, other than parking brake issue? Can you tell if it's from the front or back?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Not much information to go on, so the best anyone can do here is a shot in the dark. The clicking is likely related to the rear brakes, but I doubt its the parking brake since its not involved in normal braking (unless its seized up and has not released completely). I am going to wager a guess and say a bent brake heat shield or shim or something to that effect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eric,

Sound like the same problem I had.
The problem was due to the dirt or mud in a rear break.

Nissan technician clean the breaks (or at least this is what he told me) and no more noises in the rear.

Good luck!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts