Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting one of these units installed today with an orange LED to sit under the rear view mirror.

I'll post pics of the remote and LED once I get my car back :2:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
This is the system I would like to get. Are you getting any addons for it (glass break sensor for example)?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting whatever comes straight out of the box and when I pick it up I'll be getting a detailed explaination for everything it can do so I'll post more information later in the day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That was the exact unit I was interested in, where are you getting this installed? I see you're in Randolph, N.J., I used to live down in North Brunswick so I know the area but that was 5+ years ago! Still, I wouldn't mind going down there to get an install done if your dealer does a good job. Please keep us posted! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here's the deal.

I just got everything back, and it's all working perfectly!!

One of the best features so far has been pressing unlock once and having all the doors unlock, unlike the sluggish OEM remote that makes you press...wait...press.

The alarm came with window shock sensors so if you bang on the window the alarm goes off and instantly pages me telling me someone is trying to break a window.

The remote start works great!! Distance so far has been better than what I expected and once you start it you just hop in and turn your key to on, step on the brake, and off ya go.

I also got an Orange LED installed to let the bad guys know that this car won't be an easy target, not to mention that it matches the Copper :cool:

I paid 700 with tax for all parts and labor. The LED was 60 dollars and I wasn't charged installation on that part, so I saved some money there. If you want just the alarm features without the LED, expect to pay 600 for a good install.

I used Illusions in East Hanover on Route 10.

Here's some pics of the remote and the alarm features in and around the car.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Awesome! :29:

Do you guys prefer this over the Viper system that is out? I heard that the newest Viper system (not sure if it is released yet) is even better?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
What is the black square thing on the tinted part of the windshield in pic 4?

The window shock sensor?

Can you still roll down the windows with the remote?

Unless the window shock sensors are on the windows, I doubt they'll be set off if someone breaks a window. I had an alarm with a shock sensor, and someone made off with my subs and didn't even set off the alarm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Tyler, it's the shock sensor. I've tested it myself, bang on the windows too hard and the alarm goes off.

Forgot to mention, with this alarm the doors auto lock once the car starts rolling, a feature many of you would like to have I'm sure.

As far as this vs the Viper system, they're both made by DEI and the only real difference is the remote. The carbon fiber one is better IMHO :D

From what I've heard and read, this is one of the best on the market.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Sw1tched said:
Yea Tyler, it's the shock sensor. I've tested it myself, bang on the windows too hard and the alarm goes off.

Forgot to mention, with this alarm the doors auto lock once the car starts rolling, a feature many of you would like to have I'm sure.
Good stuff. Sound like this'll be the one I go for.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to mention the fact that the remote illuminates orange when you're entering a command or the alarm is going off. Truly perfect in every way for Sunlit Copper :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice alarm. Does the back of that LED attached to the window do something? Is that what you are referring to as the sensor? I have the Autopage 850 with similiar features as yours. I had to get one with more channels then 5 though. Now I can not only roll the windows down, but back up. Can you still roll down your window with this new alarm? I diffenently didn't want to lose that feature from the stock system.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
senza said:
SW1tched....how come you have a "Canadian Murano" in New Jersey...French on the sunvisor???...just curious..
Because it's written in more than one language?? Definitately not a canadian MO.

I did lose the ability to roll down the windows, but with remote start its not something that's important at all anymore. For me, I rarely if ever used that feature with the stock alarm in the first place.

The LED is attached to the windshield and the sensor is something seperate. The LED is orange and the sensor is the square black box that's shown above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was told by a Clifford Tech that you can keep the windows function by lenghtening the pulse of the remote. I am not sure how, but he said an authorized installer could do it for you.

Did you figure out a way to keep the automatic seat function?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What about the programmable seats? Does your MO have that feature? If so, does it still work with the new remote? I don't care much about the remote windows but the loss of the functionality of programmable seats would truly suck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
With my alarm, no the automatic seats do not work. I eventually just decided that I prefer not to use the automatic seat. I was getting tired of waiting for my seat to position itself before I started up and waiting for it to go back to its neutral position when I got out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To tell you guys the truth, I haven't even noticed if I lost that feature or not. I'm the only person in my family who drives the MO so the seat position is always the same :D . I'll get back to everyone on that one.

For the few things you may have to sacrifice, IMO the benefits are far greater with having an alarm that actually does something to protect your investment, not to mention the awesome remote starter.:cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I do agree with that assessment, that and getting paged when someone is messing around with your car.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
And the only time you would really roll the windows down is if it's hot... but you can start the car with the A/C running instead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts