Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how everyone is using the temperature setting on their climate control/heating/cooling system.
When starting off cold (below zero) do you get better heat output by setting the temperature to the maximum setting (32 deg C) and then turning it down upon excessive heat distribution? Or, can you obtain the same cabin temperature in the same amount of time by simply setting the dial to the temperature will be most comfortable at long term once the vehicle is warm. I'm always jogging the dial back and forth from the highest setting (32) trying to get things warm as fast a possible, is this necessary?; or will the system ultimately work as quickly as possible to the desired temperature regardless of the setting?
:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sure that if you set temp to max. level it will warm up cabin faster that if you had it set to medium level. Whem its really cold I set mine to max, then back it down to a comfortable level.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am guessing that if you leave it where it is normally comfortable for you, it will heat up just as fast and you won't have to fiddle with the dial. It won't blow air til the engine warms up, and when it does, it blows at full flow until it reaches the desired temp, at least mine works this way. :D
Maybe it's cuz I have a blue one. :6: :2:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
If it is a thermal limit setting, similar to what you experience at home it runs until you reach that temperature. If it approaches that temperature more quickly when set to a higher than desired temperature will it over shoot? Does the location of the in cabin temperature not reflect you temperature as quickly as you do. Does the cold surfaces of the vehicle effect the rate of heating? Do you react to the feeling of the hot air blowing on you ?

It's actually a complex question. Solution.

time both ways and find out. Weight that (if different) against the connivance of not having to reset the controls.

GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
In situations where I require quick heat, its so cold regardless that any temp setting I choose will have the heater blowing on maximum. For example, its 0F outside, and the interior is a frosty 40 degrees. I doubt it would matter in this case whether the temp was set to 70 or 80. Not sure if if the temp gradient were less.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I actually tried this. I found that the temp dial not only controlds the temp, but also the fan speed. So if you set it, say to 70 degrees F on a cold day, as soon as the engine warms up the fan kicks in and warms the interior but when it approaches the mark, the fan speed is lowered so it takes a bit longer during that last few minutes for temp to rise. On the other hand, if you set the dial to a higher setting, the fan does not slow down until later so you actually get warmer, faster. :)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
zebelkhan

Thanks,

Now we know. GRIP :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that. I really never noticed a correlation to fan speed, but I'll look for that tomorrow; its very cold here. I'll adjust the fan speed to the lowest level and crank up the thermostat, once the engine is warm, the fan should pick up speed?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
ADV said:
Thanks for that. I really never noticed a correlation to fan speed, but I'll look for that tomorrow; its very cold here. I'll adjust the fan speed to the lowest level and crank up the thermostat, once the engine is warm, the fan should pick up speed?
Yes, but only when set to auto. Once you manually turn down the fan speed, auto is off and the fan no longer ramps up when you change the temperature setting.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Well not exactly... once you over ride the fan speed you loose the fully auto feature in that the system will NOT auto adjust the fan speed it will just stay at that one speed. I think what you are looking for is to press AUTO then adjust the temp. The fan will start off low once the car warms it will increase the fan speed to a point where it reaches the desired temp and then will reduce the fan speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts