Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side seat isn't working- the orange LED isn't turning on when adjusting the dial to either cool or heat. Passenger works fine. Any idea what to check next? Car is out of warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is the only easy fix I know of:

15 Amp fuse in the engine room fuse box, approximately in the position shown by the shaky red circle. There is a legend on the underside of the fuse box cover. Note there are separate fuses for the LH and RH seats.

There are some spare fuses in the interior front panel fuse box (above the hood release)...I don't know if there are any 15 Amps, though.

Good Luck!
noboy

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine failed as well. Nissan had to replace the heated/ventilated seat module. Not sure the cost because it was done under warranty. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple hundred dollars to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got into this forum. My driver's side seat heater crapped out, fuses were not blown . Turns our wiring harness/ control module had some melted wires. Total repair at original dealer was $1004, covered by extended warranty completely. Now the blower on the passenger side hums when turned on until cabin temperature warms up.
Mine failed as well. Nissan had to replace the heated/ventilated seat module. Not sure the cost because it was done under warranty. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple hundred dollars to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Murano Platinum with the same problem. Driver side seat would not heat or cool. I took it to a Nissan Dealer to get an estimate for the repair. It cost $195 to find out the control unit and wire harness had melted. Repair cost was $1233. Ridiculous! I like the climate control seats, but not at that price. Sounds like this is a class problem. My opinion of the Murano has dropped. Nissan should have a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Murano Platinum with the same problem. Driver side seat would not heat or cool. I took it to a Nissan Dealer to get an estimate for the repair. It cost $195 to find out the control unit and wire harness had melted. Repair cost was $1233. Ridiculous! I like the climate control seats, but not at that price. Sounds like this is a class problem. My opinion of the Murano has dropped. Nissan should have a recall.
I agree!!! I have the exact same problem. Took the car to the dealer today and after paying $145 to have it checked, they quoted me $1,039!!! Totally ridiculous! Worst of all having a heated/cooling seat was the main reason why I bought the 2017 Nissan Platinum. I refused to pay that amount!! I´m fuming!

·
Super Moderator
1,446 Posts
It's really a simple parts replace. The seat needs to be unbolted and leaned back to access the seat heating/cooling assembly. If the plug is also an issue, get one used one from a auto recycler and splice it on.

I haven't priced the heater myself, but it's a common part at a auto recycler and should be less then $300 from a Nissan online parts dealer. Just shop around for the best price. Some online dealers are lower then others on their parts pricing.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

PS I hate a cold butt.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My driver seat barely heats/cool anymore. I can hear the fan going but it takes like 45 minutes to feel anything really. I already had the module replaced a few years ago. I honestly dont think paying the dealer a grand to fix something that will fail in 2 years again is worth it. As mentioned above by PaulDay, save yourselves the money and do it yourself. It's most likely going to fail again, at least you wont be out another grand...

Its little things like this that have pushed my away from Nissan. First and for sure last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree!!! I have the exact same problem. Took the car to the dealer today and after paying $145 to have it checked, they quoted me $1,039!!! Totally ridiculous! Worst of all having a heated/cooling seat was the main reason why I bought the 2017 Nissan Platinum. I refused to pay that amount!! I´m fuming!
I just called for service on my 2017 Platinum, heated seat stopped working as well. I’m hopeful that my extended warrantee covered it. I do love my car and would buy another at some point. I had no other real issues, but a hot butt is important in cold winters!

·
Administrator
9,174 Posts
Heated seats are very nice. One of our cars has a heated steering wheel, which I like more than I ever thought I would!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to my Murano 2015. Driver seat heater stop working. Deam! Now I see its normal on Murano’s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts