Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
D K, how did u fix? Couldn't find the "below" post. Wiggled my wires, didn't help 😁. And do you know the module part number? It's under the seat, I assume?
I just did this repair myself today with success. You can find the Nissan TSB here.

It lists the parts and part numbers.

I bought the new controller and wire harness end. The costs was pretty ridiculous. I looked at a few sites and didn't find much savings so I just pulled the trigger. I didn't feel like searching for used parts because I wanted to know that my parts were good.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
873D6-5AA6A​
Control Box​
$327.63​
1​
$327.63​

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
24061-9FT0A​
Harness Cabin​
$108.22​
1​
$108.22​

I didn't buy the solder sleeves because I already had stock of the 3M shrink wrap butt connectors but they are crimp versions. It was a little difficult because there isn't a lot of room to work on each of the 6 wires. They say not to solder with an iron which is why they want you to use the 3M solder /shrink wrap connectors that uses a heat gun. I wasn't happy with my crimp versions so I soldered mine with a heat gun and covered the solder joint with heat shrink tube. To do that I had to use a lot of pieces of metal for heat sinks so I didn't melt any of the seat or wires.

Hind sight I don't understand why I couldn't use an soldering iron when the seat completely removed from the car.

This took me about 4 1/2 hours which was extra long because I had to remove my crimp connectors that I wasn't happy with and redo with solder.

I also had to buy a set of Torx bits from Harbor Freight because I didn't have a T50 bit to removed the seat.

My local dealer wanted about $1,400 to do this repair and I did it for about $450.00

I am not clear about what causes the wires and connector to get hot and melt. They do have you move 2 of the wire ties to hold the wires in slightly different locations.

I just hope the repair is a long term fix.

John

21 - 24 of 24 Posts