Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here. I have an 04 Murano SL FWD. I'm in Los Angeles, and it's cooled down to upper 50's/lower 60's outside. So i finally feel like I shouldn't need A/C anymore. But I've noticed that with teh A/C off, and the climate control set to 60 (the lowest setting), and the fan on manual control, the air that's blowing out of the vents is very warm (MUCH MUCH warmer than the outside air). So it's 60 degrees outside, and I still have to use the A/C if I don't want to sweat (or drive with the windows open and the ventilation system off, but I hate the wind blowing in :) ).

Anyone else had this problem, and/or know of a fix?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I think there maybe something wrong with your climate control system because mine does not do what you have described.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It gets warm behind the dash because heat gets transferred from the engine compartment through the firewall to the heating ducts. Even though you are pulling in 50 degree air, its going to be heated up as it travels to the blower motor, and through the duct work.

I find that unless its quite chilly outside (under 45), the climate control set to 60 (not auto) tends to be uncomfortably warm without using the AC.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I am with Zebelkhan. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
The insulation on the firewall protects the interior from the heat of the engine (or at least it is supposed to) I think the climate control maybe faulty on yours. I set mine to 72 when it is 60 outside (not on auto) and it does not get warm at all. It gets warmer only if I turn the temp higher.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Differnet people like the interior temp at differnet levels. I find anything above 70 to be uncomfortably warm and stuffy, and prefer my drive to be ice cold. I guess thats why I feel the climate control blows "warm" air. In an car without climate control, the outside air is the air coming in, if you leave the AC and heat off (although its usually still a bit warmer). With the climate control, the air never gets below 60 even with the auto function turned off I believe. That, to me, is still uncomfortably warm.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Okay...I will turn the dial down to 60 tomorrow to see if I get the same results as you guys do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts