Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 mo, just did an alternator change, and now the clock doesnt stay set??? I can change it , but once the cars off it goes back to 01:00. Any ideas whats happening???

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Battery charge too low?

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
Possible. Charge that battery overnight and see.

Could it be that the starter is draining the battery enough to reset the clock??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm seems rather unusual? i would figure it doesnt take alot of voltage to run the clock? i will try to charge it overnight and see what happens.

·
Registered
68 Posts
alot of glinches and weird things come from a weak battery. try charging it.
but if its the original one i would change it out.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
alot of glinches and weird things come from a weak battery. try charging it.
but if its the original one i would change it out.

I second that. I just had a battery die in my Explorer (it's only 2 years old), but leading up to the untimely death, the air bag light would stay on. After replacing the battery, that problem cleared up. So it's not far fetched to assume that your clock problem may be a weak battery issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i put the car on the charger @ 10amps and nothing changed. Clock resets when you turn the car off and the clock doesnt move if I set it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
If you have a dead or dying cell in the battery, it won't even a charge no matter what current you put into it.

Do you also lose your radio settings?

·
Registered
726 Posts
If the battery has enough amps to start the car in the morning I seriously doubt it didn't have enough power to keep the clock memory.

If this started happening right after the alternator was replaced I'd say something went wrong during that install. Did you do it yourself or have a mechanic do it?

I'm looking at the wiring diagram and there are two fuses in the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) in the engine compartment that sit between the battery and the main wiring harness, a 15A and a 10A. I'd start by checking those.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Just stumbled upon this thread. My first thought is that there is a bad fuse. In the past we have had others report clock not keeping time and such when dealer did not insert the fuse that was pulled while the vehicle was being shipped from Japan, etc.. I do not remember which fuse but I would this may be all it is, a fuse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. I think i need to resurrect this thread. So i checked the fuses in the engine bay and they are all good. And they all seem to be sitting properly?

Any ideas what else i can check? I need to get this fixed its driving me crazy not knowing the time while driving.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
...i checked the fuses in the engine bay and they are all good...
I did not see your response to Eric. L's question on whether or not you also lose your radio settings.

Murano has fuses in three main areas:
1- under the dash on the driver side
2- Under the hood on the driver side.
3- Under the hood on the passenger side. This fuse block is called IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) and its fuses are hidden from the view so some disassembly will be required.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
There is either a TSB or recall that deals with the clock-resetting issue. I skimmed through the TSBs yesterday but could not find anything. I know it its there; I just don't know where.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
With or without NAVI?

On the 06, where is the clock located? Instrument cluster, Radio/Nav, both?

Fuse 38 [15A] is the fuse that supplies the radio with constant power. And according to the FSM, fuse 38 is also used for the rear defogger.
Try removing the fuse, clean battery connectinos, and put fuse back in - http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/124713-radio-clock-problem.html

BTW Joe, I found that recall - it was for '09 only and it would reset the clock every 45 days.

Found similar problem in http://forums.nicoclub.com/2006-murano-sl-awd-with-psycho-clock-t238383.html

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did not see your response to Eric. L's question on whether or not you also lose your radio settings.

Murano has fuses in three main areas:
1- under the dash on the driver side
2- Under the hood on the driver side.
3- Under the hood on the passenger side. This fuse block is called IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) and its fuses are hidden from the view so some disassembly will be required.
I dont lose radio settings. All presets and sound settings are alm there.
-
I have only checked the fuses for drivers dash and under hood. I will check the passenger side hood. I may get lucky.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
BTW Joe, I found that recall - it was for '09 only and it would reset the clock every 45 days.
Thank you!! :29: That was really bugging me. I knew I saw it somewhere, I just could not remember where. :eek: Too bad it was not pertinent.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the same problem with my 2010 Nissan Murano. I took it to my local Nissan dealer and they re-initialized the audio unit and now it works properly ($80).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont lose radio settings. All presets and sound settings are alm there.
-
I have only checked the fuses for drivers dash and under hood. I will check the passenger side hood. I may get lucky.

My 2011 Nissan Altima same. Changed battery now every time car shuts off resets to wrong time. Cant find issue.
Every time I set my radio and the clock the next time I turn it on it goes back to the old settings. I went to the whole system and re-did it several times. This is very aggravating and frustrating. I would tell you the radio is more frustrating than o’clock. Every channel I put on the hold is gone every single time. I’m worried not about the battery but the computer system has gotten too complicated Every time I set my radio and the clock the next time I turn it on it goes back to the old settings. I went through the whole system and re-did it several times. This is very aggravating and frustrating. I would tell you the radio is more frustrating than the clock. Every channel I put on the hold is gone every single time. I am worried not about the battery but the computer system has gotten too complicated! The car is only two years old and shouldn’t do any of that! It is a 218 and I have a 214 Ultima and it never did this of course and the battery is much older and original!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts