Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought 2006 Murano 6 weeks ago. Second day after purchase clock reset itself from apprx 9 a.m. to 5 something. Happened again 3 days later apprx 9 a.m. to 4 something. Happens every 2 - 4 days, the time it happens varies, the time it resets to varies. Been to dealer 3x, they say they've replaced the clock and there is nothing else they can do unless they "see" the problem occur. Talked to a regional guy, quite patronizing, he was of no help either. Corporate says there is no record of this problem having been reported prior so they have nothing to go on. Has anyone had this problem? If this was a matter of just keeping poor time I wouldn't complain but it changes by hours.Becoming frustrated but otherwise love my mo!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Did you select GPS time

on your settings panel?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
lol griffin-

When they said they replaced the clock, what did they replace? The display? The radio/HVAC unit? There is no clock, per se. It is integrated into the radio. If they replaced the display I am not surprised the problem is still there.

This is just a WAG, but it is possible the hour/minute switch on the dash console may be bad.

See what others on this forum say, but my money is on a bad rocker switch.

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Repair ticket says "replaced audio face plate" and replaced the "switch assy-aud" (fp # 28395-CC2200). I was concerned about an electrical short (prior experience years ago) and I was told the clock is on it's own circuit so that should't be the case. I do not have the nav option.
This resetting problem has occurred while I was driving and also upon starting.
I don't know much about this sort of thing but am trying my best to inform myself so I can talk to the dealer semi-intelligently. So, I appreciate your input very much.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Electrical problem somewhere. Check the battery cables and grounds. Could be a short or an open. Maybe a loose wire, fuse, connector, or bad relay or switch.

Was talking to a coworker today that has an EMI problem on a dodge diesel that goes into and out of overdrive randomly and the engineers are trying everything from aluminum foil to filters. So don't feel too bad it could always be worse :D.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally started this thread. Tomorrow my MO goes to the shop again for the "clock" problem. It has long intervals of perfection. Then out of the blue it resets the clock or to "metric". Last winter thought I was crazy one day when it showed a temp below zero and I knew it was well above zero. Shows kilometers, the whole works all without touching a thing on the panel.

Then a couple weeks ago while on the turnpike it reset to metric. I put it back on English. Within 2 minutes the display then showed one of the menu screens - again without touching a thing other than the steering wheel and gas pedal.

I'm going to a different dealer than the one that looked at this problem earlier on. The new dealer is willing to try to figure this out for me (so far). None of it is a big deal other than the fact that sometime (out of warranty) the whole display may quit entirely, leaving me with a resale problem. I have printed other posts regarding this issue to hand over to the dealer tomorrow. Just thought someone out there with a similar problem might be interested in the fact that it resets more than the clock. I believe this to be electrical, but don't know what.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Any chance there is a button stuck on your control panel.... like the English/metric button, or the hour button?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't believe so. I keep the display on fuel econ 100% of the time and never mess with anything and I drive the car 99.9% of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts