Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a notice about their clock problem? I thought it was my imagination when the clock randomly reset itself the other day... Now I know its a problem with the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its about "time" they had a recall.

I thought I was going crazy. One morning I was heading to work and instead of running late as usual, I looked at the MO clock and I was actually going to be early for a change only to find out that I was late. I couldn't figure out how the clock changed time. Today I received the recall notice which explained the clock mystery. I will make an appointment next week for the fix.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gonzo said:
Clock recall? Can you provide more information?
It was a recall on the '09's the clock was losing time. This also was happening on the '08 Armadas. So they get a free software upgrade.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Oh thanks... I know some MO's in the first generation had clock issues.

Funny you would think at this point in "time", developers would have the clock algorithum down bug free. Technology. Go figure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RTXguy said:
Glad I'm not the only one that recieve the notice. 2 recalls within three months...I hope this doesn't continue.
Better than them ignoring the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had the clock recall done and was very impressed because I was only at the dealership for about 8 minutes. The recall was performed via a CD that is put into the player which in turn reprograms the clock functions. Not much to it. :D :D

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Wow, very cool... I would love to get my hands on that CD.... I wonder what else you can do via the "CD reprogram".

·
Registered
164 Posts
Old Grumpy said:
The recall was performed via a CD that is put into the player which in turn reprograms the clock functions. :D :D
Well, that is interesting. I wonder if they can fix the display issue that limits the radio/MP3/satellite read out to like 15 characters using the CD method?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Early Mo's like my 04 always had an issue that the clock picks up about 1 extra minute every 2-3 weeks or so. When it gets about 5 minutes ahead, I back it up.

Bob1

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
bob1 said:
Early Mo's like my 04 always had an issue that the clock picks up about 1 extra minute every 2-3 weeks or so. When it gets about 5 minutes ahead, I back it up.
Mine does that like clock work :D

With all the sophisticated gadgets that are in a MO, it is a shame that even after 6 years of production, they still can't get its clock right....:confused:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The following information was posted on x.nissanhelp.com -

NTB08-041

2008 NISSAN ARMADA, 2008 PATHFINDER, 2009 MURANO; VOLUNTARY SERVICE CAMPAIGN CLOCK

Nissan has determined that on some 2008 Armada, 2008 Pathfinder, and 2009 Murano vehicles, the clock located on the audio unit may not keep accurate time. In some instances, the time on the clock will reset to the incorrect time every 45 days. To prevent this potential condition, Nissan is conducting this Voluntary Service Campaign to update the software in the audio unit free of charge for parts or labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clock recall? Can you provide more information?
Well guys, here I am 13 yrs later. It's 2/21, my '09 Murano has these same clock CD issues. NOT ONE dealer knows how to rectify!
Last year after replacing the battery I found this link that lead my deep into the settings to fix! Year later, darn Costco batteries, needed another battery. Wiped out the settings and I can't find them again! I recall it took about 5minutes and involved the settings and possibly turning the key on/off combo. ..fixed the radio head also. Bummed! HELP!
THANK YOU

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It looks like it was a voluntary recall for the clock resetting. I know recalls are generally forever, I'm not sure it's the same for a voluntary recall...

However, plug you VIN into this site to see if it comes up as a recall that must be performed for free by a Nissan dealership:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts