Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clock Advancing

I'm getting picky now and I want to see if I'm the only one with this.

The clock on the non-NAV gains time at a rate of 2/3 minutes per month.

It isn't a big problem - I don't feel it is a safety concern - although it did make us drive faster to get to work before we realized what was going on :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I too have the same issue, I have only had my MO for 2 months I have started to notice it. Don't know if it is an issue yet, but I will see.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Dave, when you say "2/3 minutes per month", do you mean between 2 and 3 minutes per month, or 2/3rds of a minute (i.e. 40 seconds)?

·
Registered
80 Posts
And for the past 6 months, I thought it was my imagination. Mine seems to be advancing at about the same rate (non-nav). I've reset it several times since getting the car in August, 2003. I first noticed it when I was late (or so I thought) for my son's Scout meeting, when I actually was the first one there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have noticed about 1 min. advance per month. i try to keep my clock set to the local news channel and when it dings on the hour I am a minute or more fast.

·
5,244 Posts
My clock is advancing too quickly too...........I do not see it as a great problem..........I just adjust it from time to time to match my atomic clock.:D

PS. You guys are taking JIT to a whole new level............almost had accident because clock in your car was the 2 min ahead of time? Common, I am picky and always keep my watches synchronized with atomic clock but 40s per month isn’t that bad considering ambient temperature changes……

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - not two-thirds. 2 to 3 minutes. 2/3rds would be overly picky ;)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
It would be really cool if the clock used the AM signal from the US ATOMIC clock to set itself like my clock at home... very handy! :cool:

·
5,244 Posts
Definitely it would...........let's hope somebody will come up with a solution.........

·
Registered
33 Posts
Am I guessing correctly that the lucky ones who have the Navigation system get their clocks synced to GPS time?

·
Registered
117 Posts
dmtreff said:
Am I guessing correctly that the lucky ones who have the Navigation system get their clocks synced to GPS time?
nope.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My NAV clock has never been adjusted (by me anyhow) and is perfectly sychronized with the on the hour time chime from the local AM news channel.

I've had the vehicle since July 29th last year and have over 18,500 miles.

·
Registered
202 Posts
dmtreff said:
Sw1tched said:
Ummm....not quite correct. I don't think that there's an automatic sychronization to GPS time, but there is a manual one. Click on "Auto Adjust" under Settings > System Settings > Clock, and your clock will be matched with GPS time. Come to think of it, I've never seen my clock display a time different from GPS time, so maybe there is an automatic synchronization after all!

By the way, you can't always count on the top-of-the-hour chime on radio stations to determine the actual time. A friend who has worked at radio stations tells me that they sometimes record news feeds rather than join them live, and they'll manually sound the chime just before the recorded newscast begins to give an air of "authenticity" to the newscast....even though the newscast is a minute or two off the true time.

Jeff

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Same Situation here.. My clock is now 10 mins fast after about 7 months..

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Originally posted by jpburk

By the way, you can't always count on the top-of-the-hour chime on radio stations to determine the actual time.
I can see that being true in smaller markets, but I use 880 WCBS out of New York, and time and time again, my clock changes to the new hour literally halfway through the tone. It is perfectly on the second time after time. I also set my (analog) watch to match my ntp server, and will occasionally double check my watch against the car clock. After over a year of matching my watch to my ntp server and my car clock and the 88 CBS tone, I find it hard to believe that CBS may occasionally be off by a minute or two and just use the tone to sound official. I guess I could use WWB but I think I have enough timesources.

But again, I opened by saying I believe it for smaller markets and less critical stations.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
mgthe3 said:
I started here years ago, but now I run my own stratum 3 server inside the house, to keep the Internet traffic down (and minimize Comcast's ability to detect multiple machines). With the spare Garmin GPS lying around, I'll be running my own stratum 1 soon enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, the clock is not accurate on my 2004 which I purchased in Feb2004. I don't quite understand how something as basic as this could slip through the cracks at Nissan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just realized I have this same problem today. I've had my non-Nav '04 SE for three months, and the clock has is routinely fast by five to seven minutes. I have reset it a couple of times thinking I set it incorrectly before, but to no avail. Weird.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Clock issue

The clock issue is not limited to Nissan. I had a newer model GM SUV that would lose about a minute a week. They never figured that one out either. I was not the only one who had the problemm as there were many posts on the Edmunds Town Hall about the same issue.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts