Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, the front end of the Murano (radiator specifically) is just too exposed to potential damage from flying rocks and debris, so I've been searching for a way to protect it.

I found this company, http://www.cloud-rider.com, and ordered a black powder coated bumper screen on August 18th. It arrived yesterday (September 20th) and I installed it after dinner last night. The entire process took less than a half hour, including pictures.

Picture of Box and contents:

Picture of installation instructions:

Murano before:

Murano after:

Overall, I think the product is very nice and is going to do exactly what I wanted it to do, protect the radiator from flying debris.

I ordered the black powder coated, with round holes, because I didn't want any flash down there (they also sell bright stainless steel or chrome plated and different hole/vent designs).

Cost was under $140 with shipping, which took 10 days after I received the shipping notification (getting out of Canada is apparently difficult).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmm I wonder why I can't see the picture. I went to the website though and they do look nice. I guess I need to add this one to the list of desires too.:29:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
dklanecky1,

I agree it is a great idea. I can't tell from the pictures... does it feel like its $140 worth of product?

Which screen did you order. I looked at the site and they had about a dozen or so items without pictures. How does one know what to order?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the Black Powder Coated version, with the round holes. There are lots of other choices, but I wanted something that was effective in protecting the Murano's vitals, without drawing attention to the fact that it was there.

For our friends living in the colder parts of Canada, this company apparently came out with this product initially to help block some of the airflow to the radiator in the winter, thereby helping the vehicle warm up quicker.

I don't understand why the pictures aren't showing up either as the links as posted under the properties for each picture (right click, properties) certainly work if pasted into another browser window's address bar?????????

Administrator, what's wrong?

·
Registered
844 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
I ordered the Black Powder Coated version, with the round holes. There are lots of other choices, but I wanted something that was effective in protecting the Murano's vitals, without drawing attention to the fact that it was there.

For our friends living in the colder parts of Canada, this company apparently came out with this product initially to help block some of the airflow to the radiator in the winter, thereby helping the vehicle warm up quicker.

I don't understand why the pictures aren't showing up either as the links as posted under the properties for each picture (right click, properties) certainly work if pasted into another browser window's address bar?????????

Administrator, what's wrong?
dklanecky1
Great pictures, I to have a silver Mo and have been looking at Cloud -rider to get a black one too . Your pictures show the black one does look better than the silver one shown on there website. I too will be ordering one soon as I am sure that winter will arrive sooner, a lot colder than normal and stay longer. This means more rocks on the road that could damage the A/C condenser and others.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cloud rider bumper screens

I finally got mind, it only took 3 weeks to come from Regina. Ordered the champange bubbles and it looks really good. Mine is black powered and my Mo is silver. I got this color to match the black under the bumper cover. In Calgary they use lots of rocks when the roads get covered in snow. I have to date notices a lot less rocks in the lower grill area than I did last year, so I have great confidence that this bumper grill will do the job.

To install the grill takes about 30 minutes, you will need a long small bladed screwdriver to help you guide the clips on the supports behind the grill.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I want to place a protector BEHIND the small vertical fins in the lower grill and not across it as I am installing driving lights, any ideas?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Cloud rider bumper screens

Stoker said:
I finally got mind, it only took 3 weeks to come from Regina. Ordered the champange bubbles and it looks really good. Mine is black powered and my Mo is silver. I got this color to match the black under the bumper cover. In Calgary they use lots of rocks when the roads get covered in snow. I have to date notices a lot less rocks in the lower grill area than I did last year, so I have great confidence that this bumper grill will do the job.

To install the grill takes about 30 minutes, you will need a long small bladed screwdriver to help you guide the clips on the supports behind the grill.
I forgot to mention that the cover I got was the all season grill. The temperatures here since I have put mine on have been as high as 20C to -20C and have noticed no increase in cooling water temperature. I have friends that have this grill protector on there trucks and they swear by them.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Does anyone have the front lisc plate on their MO and installed the cloud-rider grill with it? I'm wondering if I really need to lisc plate cut out for the MO... as down the road I might be removing the lisc plate and don't want to order the grill with the cut out if I don't need to.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I ordered my cloud-rider, black hex shapped. Probably wont even see it under the front tube bar on my Murano, but I'm getting it to protect my baby from stones. I looked at the radiator and there are a bunch of stone marks/damage aready, after just a month. It was crazy. I must protect my baby from anything and everyone !! :11:

I really should get the stonguard, but it is just so much money. :8:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I have a front license plate, so I had to get the one that has the cutout. If I ever get to take my front plate off (not likely here in Washington) it won't look bad. Cloud-Rider made the notch correctly, with a nicely finished edge, so it's not like it's just cut out with a dremel tool.

Definitely won't be quite as clean as one without the notch, but I don't think it would look bad.

I'm happy I have it. Same screen that GymKid ordered. Hardly notice it, but good protection.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
TheGymKid said:
I ordered my cloud-rider, black hex shapped. Probably wont even see it under the front tube bar on my Murano, but I'm getting it to protect my baby from stones. I looked at the radiator and there are a bunch of stone marks/damage aready, after just a month. It was crazy. I must protect my baby from anything and everyone !! :11:

I really should get the stonguard, but it is just so much money. :8:
I received my cloud-rider grill today... took a little over 2 weeks from the day it was ordered. Thanks for your assistance on it Corin. I'm looking forward to putting it on later.

The Cloud Rider grill installed....

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
What holds the cloud-rider in place?
Where does it attach to?

I would think I could goto to Home Depot and get some Perforated aluminum, cut it and install for under $50.

Just would like to know how it attaches.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts