Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer twice since I installed my cloud rider (www.cloudrider.com) lower grill and the service manager saw my MO the last time I visited and noticed the lower grill. I know this guy since 20 years+ and when I told him where I got the product, he asked me to be quiet about it because he would be loosing lotsa money if every MO was equiped with one. I heard something like 800$ (CAN) for a radiator...

So, my advice is, install one NOW because otherwise those rocks will definitely kill this radiator sooner or later.

BTW, I have absolutely no affiliation with the product or maker. I just bought one and it fits very nicely.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cloud Rider lower Grill

Great advice SIM, I was at the dealership yesterday and the all season silver classic is selling for $101.00 CDN vs the Cloud rider website that qoutes $115.00.

The dealer indicated that silver classic was all that nissan Canada supplied so it stands to reason that the low price was a volume discount. I have had a email contact with cloud rider on the black color coating and how it was installed. After reading the response I will be ordering a black one as I feel it would blend in better with the black lower colors of my sheer silver Mo

I have put away my trailer and installed the ski box on the Mo for the upcoming ski season, pray for a good snow dump for great Rocky Mtn skiing:6: :6:

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Can you post a picture or direct me to the actual product on the website? Sounds like a reasonable investment.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Cloud rider lower grill

DoItFun said:
Can you post a picture or direct me to the actual product on the website? Sounds like a reasonable investment.
If you go to www.cloud-rider.com and follow the links for nissan then murano you will find all the pictures you will need. They have two types, for winter or all season in chrome or black powder.

I will be ordering mine before the end of the week as soon as I make up my mind on the design I want in black powder, either champange or round holes all season grills.:29: :29:

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Aha!

It's under the "Bumper Screens" link.

Thanks!

I sure would like to see pics installed on a Mo, from back a little ways to get the whole effect.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Re: Aha!

DoItFun said:
It's under the "Bumper Screens" link.

Thanks!

I sure would like to see pics installed on a Mo, from back a little ways to get the whole effect.
When I get mine I will post the pics

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
a picture of murano from cloud-river website

with the protector installed.

Attachments

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
The "Stainless Hexagon" looks good...

I'll probably be purchasing soon.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
It is a beautiful accesories..thanks for sharing the pics...

Now, the sipment is from canada so it is 28 dollars to MD..
I am still contemplating whether this accesory is necessary...

How many people in this forum have their radiator being punch through by rocks?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SugarRush, the real question is...

* Did you buy an insurance for your MO or did you decide taking the chance of not hitting anything and anyone?

* Do you prefer your radiator ($800 part) to be protected or do you rather take a chance that a rock will not take it out?

I know that when I installed my grill, the 3 months old radiator already had many foiled fins. The best thing to do for you is to look at yours and ask yourself if this insurance is worth it or not...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Looks like a great idea...I'm going to have to get a black one too...

·
MOtivated!
50 Posts
Dklanecky1 -

Is that the hexagon pattern? It's subtle, I like it.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I don't think I will have much need to protect against rocks in northern California, but this looks like the ideal thing to have if you want to install aftermarket fog lights. Cut a hole to the size of the fog lamp on each corner and it will look perfect. I think that is what I am going to do. Connect existing wires for fog lamps to the new ones and keep the OEM ones as DTRL.

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Almost makes me wish we sometimes had fog here. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon said:
Almost makes me wish we sometimes had fog here. GRIP :D
But you have rain...right? These yellow fog lamps do wonders while driving during rain at night.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Also, you can also install one of the followings:

- driving light
- auxilary lighting
- LED accesories lighting, like this one: http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/piaa/P00270_002_clr_led.jsp
- second set of HID lighting
- off road lighting (even though that location is kind of too low)
- front bumper proximity sensor
- infra red camera
- james bond rocket launcher :rolleyes:
- hidden radar, for usage in radar-banned states/counties

Posibilities are endless
This cloud rider mesh made me be creative again in moding the murano:p

Here is a good link from PIAA on lamp selection guide:
http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/LampSelectionGuide.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts